Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: After reading \'My failure as a poker pro (very long)\' by Ten7offsuit

Why dont you just be an engineer, you make much more consistant money I'd think. Is full time play that much more fun than full time work? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: After reading \'My failure as a poker pro (very long)\' by Ten7offsuit

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Hehe.. I think that it is all the same for all of us. Every job gets boring after a while. My engineering job is pretty boring, and every other job looks more exciting than mine... hehe...

GOMOOJOOL
Old 08-15-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: After reading \'My failure as a poker pro (very long)\' by Ten7offsu

[ QUOTE ]
Why dont you just be an engineer, you make much more consistant money I'd think. Is full time play that much more fun than full time work? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, working full time blows.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: After reading \'My failure as a poker pro (very long)\' by Ten7offsu

why are u purple?
Old 08-15-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Way too many hands to be considered to be downswing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:15 AM

Being intelligent and good at mathematics doesnt make anyone a poker player.

People who are good at poker are usually exception at strategy games such as chess.

I think you are just trolling anyway so I wont bother too much.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why are u purple?

[/ QUOTE ]
I won a photoshop a logo contest thingy in OOT and I'm purple for a week.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of you teach me how to build planes, i will teach you how to win at poker. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

do model and/or paper count?? cuz I'd glady take you up on that offer
Old 08-16-2005, 09:22 AM

When I first started playing poker about 1000 years ago in junior high, I thought I was smarter than all the other players (better grades and test scores). Because of this, I thought it would be easy to win. Wrong. Cards don't care about your grades or test scores. I didn't even start breaking even until I was a senior in high school. Of course there were no good books back then, no internet, no 2+2, so I had to learn from just playing once or twice a week in nickel-dime-quarter games.

Obviously there are game playing skills that sometimes are not directly related to your ability to do well on the math aptitude tests. Anyway the results speak for themselves. But there is no way to know what your problem is. Post some stats.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:10 AM

Clearly this post is a joke.

If you are smart as you say you are you will do yourself a favor and spell advice right.