Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Struggling with Moral Issues in Poker from a Christian Standpoint

[ QUOTE ]
Being Christian and a competitive poker player are not mutually exclusive in my opinion. (Theoretically, I suppose any form of competition is not Christian.) If your poker games is suffering because you have “guilt” about targeting (only) the weakest of the weak, I suggest you work on your game instead of your Christianity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the quick response. I was trying to bring up in my post a specific Christian principle that condemned a specific poker maxim, thereby speaking to their mutual exclusivity.

If I want to follow Jesus, and Jesus teaches that taking from the weak is wrong, and in poker I take from the weak, then it follows that poker is wrong to me.

What I seek to do is reconcile the two areas of my life, rather than twist Christianity into fitting my lifestyle. If anything's going to change, it's the way I view what I'm doing in poker, not my faith.

Thanks again for the response, and am interested in hearing what else you have to say.