Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Flamed for raising. Was I out of line?

I would have capped it.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:31 PM

I certainly wouldnt have raised the flop. You have the NUT flush draw, and the NUT low draw. Why are you raising the player to your immediate right who just led out? In most cases, although your getting more money into the pot, your eliminating players because theyll have to call 2 bets cold. When you have 2 big draws to the nuts, you want as many people in the pot as you can. Therefore, you shouldnt have raised the bettor right before you.

Didnt see what you did turn or river, so cant comment.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:43 AM

Preflop: I would rather cold call in hopes of suckering more people into the pot in case you flop well.

Flop: I would rather call here to try to encourage UTG+1 to stay in the pot. With a pair in your hand I think a raise is a good play because it encourages UTG+1 to drop, but with a draw I would rather play this particular street passively.

Turn: This is when I would start to jam.

River: Keep jamming.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:09 AM

Turn your chat off.

Nice hand,
Joe Tall
Old 03-12-2005, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn your chat off.

Nice hand,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

Best. Reply. Ever.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:31 AM

i think MP1 was mad he misplayed his hand in the first place, if i had his hand i would've 3 bet before the flop and then i see a call from you and utg+1. MP1 has to realize that one of you has to have the Ace of hearts because he doesn't and when the 3rd heart comes on the turn to me its a easy laydown but not for MP1. just be glad MP1 is in your game. also i wouldve capped the flop.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:00 AM

Thanks Joe. Good plan [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2005, 11:38 AM

I WOULD OF CALLED THE PREFLOP AND 4-BET THE FLOP.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, T, Q, 2.
1 fold, UTG+1 raises, MP1 calls, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets (I WOULD OF CALLED), 3 folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 5, K, 7 (3 players)
UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 calls, MP1 3-bets, Hero calls(I WOULD OF 4 BET), UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (9.70 BB) 9 (3 players)
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets(FINE), UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (12.70 BB) 8 (3 players)
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets(FINE), UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 15.70 BB

NICE WIN!!!!

PAUL
Old 03-12-2005, 03:02 PM

Joe is right. And that is the real crux of the matter, when you get down to it.

People in this world seem to have developed passive/aggressive personality disorders. Yeah, I'm playing amateur shrink here, since I'm doped up and have an excuse [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, I have noticed that the world has become a super PC place, where you are never, ever supposed to tell the truth, no matter what. Not only is it considered not politically correct to tell the truth, but it is considered rude and just downright wrong (at times, even illegal). You are supposed to live in this dream world, where everything is perfect if you just pretend it is.

So my point, long as ever, is that people use Internet poker, and the Internet in general, in order to vent. Since they can't say to their co-worker, "Hey, buddy, I do all the work around here while you flirt with the girls in the next building, and I'm constantly covering for you. You are a lazy, no-good SOB, and I'm gonna bust you to the boss," they get on the Internet and act like total scum.

They not only play badly, but then proceed to abuse everyone else at their table in order to "feel better about themselves." Naw, it never works, but somehow they can sleep at night, feeling okay about ignoring the woman who was getting mugged on the street and yelling for help, then jumping online and abusing a few innocent people trying to have a good time.

The real world is not perfect, the real world is not PC, the Internet is a magnet for passive/aggressive behavioral disorders, and you will be better off if you never, ever have chat enabled.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Joe is right. And that is the real crux of the matter, when you get down to it.

People in this world seem to have developed passive/aggressive personality disorders. Yeah, I'm playing amateur shrink here, since I'm doped up and have an excuse [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, I have noticed that the world has become a super PC place, where you are never, ever supposed to tell the truth, no matter what. Not only is it considered not politically correct to tell the truth, but it is considered rude and just downright wrong (at times, even illegal). You are supposed to live in this dream world, where everything is perfect if you just pretend it is.

So my point, long as ever, is that people use Internet poker, and the Internet in general, in order to vent. Since they can't say to their co-worker, "Hey, buddy, I do all the work around here while you flirt with the girls in the next building, and I'm constantly covering for you. You are a lazy, no-good SOB, and I'm gonna bust you to the boss," they get on the Internet and act like total scum.

They not only play badly, but then proceed to abuse everyone else at their table in order to "feel better about themselves." Naw, it never works, but somehow they can sleep at night, feeling okay about ignoring the woman who was getting mugged on the street and yelling for help, then jumping online and abusing a few innocent people trying to have a good time.

The real world is not perfect, the real world is not PC, the Internet is a magnet for passive/aggressive behavioral disorders, and you will be better off if you never, ever have chat enabled.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You, my friend, kick azz.

For the others, my chat has been off for 6 months, unless I see someone I know in the game.

Great response,
Joe Tall