Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-09-2005, 08:01 AM

Default Questions on AKo PF Play

I only have around 5k hands in tracker, so its not nearly enough to define certain players.

I usually try to play AK as hard as I can but I find myself getting called down quite a bit.

Now, my VI/IP stays under 20 . . .usually around 18. Lets assume is an average table with table average of VP/IP of 33. (Full ring)

UTG+1 I raise. Called by CO, called by BB. Flop is uncoordinated rags. I bet. Called by both. Turn is no relative help (no 4 flush, no gutshot). Fire again (I assume this is the standard play?). How do most people's play differ if the CO calls (BB folds)? CO folds, BB Calls?

Same scenerio only this AK on the button. Called by the BB and an early limper. Checked to you on all streets.

Thanks for any advice/details. I'm new to limit hold em and would like to start profiting.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Questions on AKo PF Play

In the first scenario, I do exactly the same and then check the river UI and fold to a passive bet if 2 people stay in until the river. If only one is in, I bet into a tag and check to a passive, fold to any bets or raises UI on the river. You kinda have to know what the other two players are like. In the second scenario, I bet the flop and turn, check the river against 3 opponents or 1 passive and usually/sometimes bet into 1 when it is some type of TAG or SLAA--usually I check the LAGs as well.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:23 AM

I play it the same and usually check the river if I am UI unless I think I usually have the best hand. But against 2 players it's a check. Not often A high beats two players... If there is 3 players on the turn,,, I may check behind there aswell since I don't like the fact of betting stone cold into 3 opponents and I gladly take the freecard. So yea, tough luck you didn't hit anything but you played them the way I would.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:26 AM

And THIS is why it's called gambling. The age old question with no real answer.

It all depends ow you "feel" at that moment. Ace High is not going to win many times. Always remember that! BUT - you have 6 outs.

For ME - if neither player is letting go - I go for a free card if I can. They pave something and I don't BUT I have 6 outs. free card of check/call!