Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 06:43 PM

Default James Cramer is a knowledgable stock trader. LOOK at my post!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody agree or disagree? And please state why. By the way, I like Jim Cramer because of who he is as a person. Judging by how he potrays himself on TV I think there's a 95% chance he knows what he's talking about. Just want to know your opinion. Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: James Cramer is a knowledgable stock trader.

I bought his book,"Jim Cramer's Real Money" but I'm not going to read it until I finish reading, "Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About" by Kevin Trudeau.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: James Cramer is a knowledgable stock trader. LOOK at my post!!!!!!

I like the guy and I think he has a pretty good feel for the market but I would never try to pass him off as a nice guy! try reading some of his other books, confessions of a street addict, and then you may have a different view of him as a person.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...but I would never try to pass him off as a nice guy! try reading some of his other books, confessions of a street addict, and then you may have a different view of him as a person.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will read that book... since you mentioned it. Thanks a million for your opinion!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2005, 09:22 PM

I should mention one more book if you really want to get a good idea of who cramer is, check out trading with the enemy by maier. This is a book by a guy who used to work at a hedge fund and it will really give you both sides of the story. I would probably reccomend reading trading with the enemy first and then moving to secrets of a street addict if you want the full picture of his life.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: James Cramer is a knowledgable stock trader. LOOK at my post!!!!!!!!!!

I enjoy Jim Cramer, he is great on Mad Money. I like his recommendations, but I always research them myself. He is not afraid to say he made a mistake. I hope you saw the show with the CEO from Sirius, it was hilarious. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Re: James Cramer is a knowledgable stock trader. LOOK at my post!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not even into stocks that much but I really like this 'Mad Money' show
Old 05-25-2005, 10:13 AM

I'm a professional trader...
And James Cramer is one of my favorite entertainers.

But Cramer failed as a money manager.
If Cramer could manage a successful hedge fund...
With his profile and sales skills...
He'd be managing billions today.

The idea that you can profit...
From stock picks that you hear about on Mad Money...
Is hopelessly naive.

By the time you are buying the stock...
Cramer and his friends are selling it to you.

rm+

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2005, 10:20 AM

I half way agree with this and I will try to explain. Cramer seems to have a real talent for timing the market and playing the whole sector rotation game. I dont understand why everyone says he failed as a money manager, I know two people who invested with cramer & berkewitz (sp?) and both of them put 1MM in his fund when he first started and they cashed out 6MM when he finally left. After cramer left they both left 1MM in the fund for the other guy to run and he never could get anything going and managed to lose 200M. I think Cramer was a very succesfull manager and his reasons for quitting were much deaper than most people see. I think he loves being in the spotlight (madmoney) much more than he enjoyed running his own fund.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:35 PM

A little OT, did you catch him on Donnie Deutsch playing poker on Monday? Gabe Kaplan and Jennifer Garth were on too. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]