Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Re: AA cannot win....

[ QUOTE ]
But I started playing a few days ago at .25/.5 and i CANNOT get people to stop winning with hands like 59o.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the current day begins with an M,T or W, limp with AA from early position and raise with it in late position. Otherwise raise it EP...

My real point is that you shouldn't just jam the crap out of AA just because it is the very best hand pre-flop and expect to win (all the time). The flop colors the whole hand. Once you see the flop and everyone's reaction, you'll know if your A's are the right crayons to finish the coloring.

AA is just another pocket pair. It has the same vulnerabilities as all pocket pairs. It just happens to be the best of pocket pairs.

If you really want to get deeper satisfaction out of your AA holdings, play no-limit.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AA is just another pocket pair. It has the same vulnerabilities as all pocket pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

...minus the ability for overcards to hit the flop that will give your opponent a better pair.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AA is just another pocket pair. It has the same vulnerabilities as all pocket pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

...minus the ability for overcards to hit the flop that will give your opponent a better pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - but how often does THAT happen?
Old 09-12-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - but how often does THAT happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never. Whenever I have pocket deuces, I just show them to the dealer so he knows to push me the pot instead of dealing a flop.