Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 09:51 AM

Default K3 blind special

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (4 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB

No realy reads but I have started betting what I think is the best hand on the turn. E.g. this situation when I improve to a low pair or when I have a bottom/mid pair on the flop and am first to act with 2-3 opponents that all check, I will bet a non over turn.

Is the bet correct? Same about the river. I was planning of folding to a raise at any point
Old 09-14-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: K3 blind special

Looks good.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:10 AM

I don't see that many worse hands calling this river. I like check/call.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:21 AM

I like the turn bet but not the river one. Are you good more than 50% of the time you get called? Certainly not.
The pot was tiny on the turn, its unlikely he ll call both streets with A-high. A-high is also less likely as he checked the flop through on a paired board and didnt raise preflop.
If he calls, he has you beat ~ 90% of the time, making this a horrible bet.
You also wont fold better hands, if he calls the turn in this small pot he wont fold the river.
And finally, the river card doesnt look that good. He must have "something" on the turn and its unlikely it was 2 overs as he didnt raise preflop. The T completes a flush, makes a pair for some gutshots or could give him a straight. Itīs certainly not a good card for you and I would check-fold the river. Most passive 1/2ers wont bluff A-high here anyways.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:28 AM

but what worse hands are betting the river after you check? i like bet/folding this. a worse 3 is certainly possible, maybe even 22 for god's sake, and bet/fold is better than check/call because you'll let him call with a worse 3 or ace high or something that he might've checked behind with. the flush card just hit, so there's not really any bluff inducing from a missed draw going on, and against the generally passive 1/2 crowd betting i think is better because they're more likely to call with a mediocre hand than bluff with one. i don't think the threat of a bluff raise from a player trying to represent a flush at 1/2 is very high either so i like bet/fold the best here, with check/fold coming second.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:30 AM

This is exactly what I was thinking. Although I have not played 1/2 lately so it might be off..