Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Playing Poker instead of being a Freshman

I have found that I play poker way too often instead of doing normal freshman activities in college. I've missed out on few parties and beer/pizza nights, but my academic work is slipping. I've especially been doing my papers late at night and into the morning the night before they are due (but im sure lots of kids do this!) I'm tired in class the next day, and I feel terrible. And I've missed my 8a.m. class twice when I can only miss it 3 times before I lose a grade. (By the way, im not gambling and on tilt and losing, I'm doing it by the book and making money [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I'm still at the .5/1 4 tabling, I havent moved to NL to make up money or anything.) I just like doing this instead of working at the library or something boring. Should I cut back on poker a lot, or is there another way to do this, ie, a schedule that I can set up? I enjoy poker, but I don't want to miss out on something that I would have while im playing. I truly hope that this is not an addiction, but if it is somebody point it out.

edit: I'd like to point out that I have no thought of dropping out of college to play poker, the title of the post can be misleading.