Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 09:59 AM

Default A weird PF situation with JJ

5-5 NLHE, 500 buy in. Villains have 2k+ and hero has 500.
Villain on the button is a loose aggressive guy who is on a super-heater. Villain in the BB is a guy who knows me as a tight, solid player. I think he thinks I'm a little weak post-flop, but I'm not sure. There are about 8 players at the table.

PF: 2 callers and villain raises on the button to $50. In the SB I reraise to $200 (villain's made raises like this with hands like ATs, JTs, JTo, etc.). The BB calls.

The players that limped are generally guys that will limp with garbage and fold to a reraise.

The BB is very loose in SH LHE, and pretty tough in HU NLHE, but has been playing this game very very tight... I'm guessing that he's under-rolled for it.

---

What do I put the BB on?

FWIW, I think AA/KK is appropriate, maybe AK, but I think he mucks QQ and AQ. So I guess my main question is, would he have AK?

---

Edit: Also, if I were to just call, it's quite possible that the limpers would call along unless BB were to reraise.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: A weird PF situation with JJ

my first instinct was to say that you are playing your JJ for set value now. But BB does have a large stack and he could have come along figuring that the LAG would as well so I think you can safely put him on a range wider than AA-KK. I think QQ, AQ, AK are also possible but i'd feel a lot better about your hand if you spiked a jack.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:20 AM

Thanks. I'm kinda curious if anyone else is comfortable with villain having AK, also.

(My read on this particular player is that he will not play QQ in this circumstance, and that is unlikely to change until proven otherwise, by observation.)
Old 12-09-2005, 11:22 AM

i agree with dj, but wonder if villain will really flat call with 3 villians yet to act oop with a hand that beats us.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:46 AM

good point stu...I guess this really comes down to hero's judgement of whether the other limpers are folding to the $200. My initial guess is that they are dumping everything but fire-breathers to a raise and a reraise....which would give villain comfort in this being a 3 way pot at most....but then again, I could be wrong here....I haven't sat at this table.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:55 AM

I think 150 preflop does the same thing. And BB's raise is certainly wider than AA-KK. I throw in QQ-TT and and AK (maybe AQs). A lot of these "tight" players don't really understand implied odds and stuff, they see TT or AQs and think they need to be in the pot.