Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Chaos in New Orleans

Depending on the timeline...Quite a few of the looters have looted weapons and are now shooting at rescue helos, the National Guard, and whatever/whomever they please. FEMA has had to withdraw due to the violence.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:27 PM

>>I STILL don't think people deserve to be murdered for looting. <<

Under the circumstances, this remark seems overwrought and hysterical.

The point of showing force to prevent looting - deadly force if necessary - isn't about "murdering" people. It's about preventing lawlessness and anarchy from escalating to unmanageable proportions, which is exactly what occurred here.

How many innocents are being raped, murdered, and assaulted by these roving gangs because action wasn't taken earlier?

I have no doubt that you are a goodhearted person. However, the real world often doesn't conform to the way we believe the world 'should' be.

Those who have some life-experience under their belts understand this very well. Those with less experience, or those that have been sheltered - naturally resist being disillusioned and have difficulty reconciling their notions with reality.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:28 PM

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Oakwood mall on fire

Looters set fire to Oakwood Shopping Center in Terrytown today.

The fire was reported at 12:56 p.m., and firefighters fought the blaze for more than an hour before giving up, said Bryan Adams of the Terrytown Volunteer Fire Department.

"There's just no water and the fire was out of hand,'' an emotional Adams said, adding that crews had to fight the blaze with one hose and water from a canal. "I've lived in this communitiy all my life --45 years. It's tough.''

Adams said the fire was intentionally set in multiple locations by people who apparently went in to loot the mall. Authorities found a ladder on the side of a building and a vent ripped off the roof allowed suspects to gain access, he said.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FEMA has had to withdraw due to the violence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, as I just heard the FEMA director say the complete opposite.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Those who have some life-experience under their belts understand this very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for making assumptions about my life. It's much easier to dismiss everything I say by attempting to discredit me than actually dealing with the reality of what I'm saying.

You're not fooling anyone.

I could just as easily say you don't have enough "life-experience" to discredit your opinions, but I won't stoop quite that low. I'll leave such things to you guys.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I STILL don't think people deserve to be murdered for looting.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not murder. It's not unlawful and its not done with premeditated malice.

[ QUOTE ]
Again, thank god (or whoever) people like you don't have any real power. If you did, this country would no longer need a constitution or laws. If someone gets out of line, just kill them!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is almost as ignorant as something Cyrus would write. The Constitution is torn apart everyday by our Liberal politicians. They stop at nothing to destroy everything it stands for. It's not about killing people for dissent either, its about stopping people from committing horrible crimes.

The Constitution was the framework for our government. It's goal was to LIMIT the power of the Federal Government. The writers of the Constitution feared tyranny. All the Liberals want is more Federal power. They WANT a tyranny, under the guise of equality.

A Liberals idea of equality is making everyone equally miserable.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:04 PM

>>Thanks for making assumptions about my life. It's much easier to dismiss everything I say by attempting to discredit me than actually dealing with the reality of what I'm saying. <<

You are the one who has made the assumption - you assumed that my remarks were directed to you in particular. However, from your reaction it seems that I struck a tender nerve.

In any case, I have a suggestion that I will direct toward you directly - please don't take this the wrong way, it's just an observation. From your posts, it seems that you are highly emotional as far as this issue goes, for whatever reason. Perhaps if you make an effort to be more objective, your you could make a better analysis if your judgment isn't clouded by strong feelings and emotion.

Just a thought.

Regards, Zipo
Old 09-01-2005, 05:05 PM

Perhaps I thought it was directed towards me because it was? Your post was directed towards me in every way a post can be. You replied to me, and talked about me personally in said reply.

Nice try, though. Weaseling out of your stance is kind of funny in the end.

You want to discuss issues? Fine. But don't ever act as if you know my life or who I am.

EDIT -

Am I emotional about people advocating more violence which won't solve anything?
Yes.

Am I emotional about people advocating the death of others?
Yes.

Can I still remain objective about my own opinions and the topic at hand?
Yes.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:05 PM

I'm still not a liberal.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still not a liberal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't say you were.