Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Best ME in years??

What do you guys think of this years event so far....Down to the final 27, with four "name" players in the top 10 including the defending champion....How does this years event stack up to previous MEs??

I've followed for 3 or 4 years and I don't remember being this intrigued this late in the tourney...
Old 07-14-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Best ME in years??

I am glued to Cardplayer. It's a little unhealthy.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:46 AM

i am also glued, i did not really get into poker until november 2004..so yeah..blah blah, i sit here all day refreshing the CP page and the 2+2 discussion thread...i need help
Old 07-14-2005, 01:55 AM

I only really paid attention to the ME 2003-2005, this is by far the most interesting tournament.

I am also glued to cardplayer and I can't believe that Greg Raymer, Phil Ivey, and Mike Matusow are all in the top 5-6 chip stacks heading into the final 27...
Old 07-14-2005, 01:58 AM

HTS, because we've only had wall-to-wall coverage like this for a couple years, but considering the record huge field & the extraordinary performances so far by the defending champ, the "top seed"(Ivey), and one of the two main "love 'em or hate 'em" guys in the poker world(Mouth), its been great.

Dunno if we'll get something like Moneymaker bluffing Farha this year, and its a shame TiffWill is such a sundial, but a Greg-Ivey-Mouth final would be unreal.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:00 AM

TiffWill? No, sir. Please: it must and always will be H-DOG.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:05 AM

I seriously hope Raymer, Mouth, and IVEY make it to the final table and the girl Tiffany.....

If Tiffany were to win or at least make the final table......... then every housewife across America will be playing internet poker and I'll be a better person for that.

Phil Ivey just shows greatness, I mean honestly, who can compare to him...... he is hands down one of the best....

Raymer..... who wouldn't love to see a repeat champion this year....... every clown across America will see that poker is not primarily a game of luck but a game of skill.... and this can help poker out in more ways than one..... maybe legalization of poker rooms across the states.....

Mouth...... I love Mike....... he's funny, and hands down one of the most entertaining poker players for Television..... He is also one helluva card player.....

I honestly think this year's WSOP ME will be by far the most talked about event in the history of poker until Next Years.... I can't wait until they air it.....

For all the players I've mentioned...... I would have to say that the player I would like to see most make the Final Table and is RAYMER...... it will be the best thing for poker.......
Old 07-14-2005, 02:08 AM

Actually, I coined "The Sundial" last night and that's where I'm stayin'. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2005, 02:12 AM

I gotta vote for The Sundial myself.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:46 AM

I'm also glued to the coverage. I can't stop thinking of how great a final table with Ivey, Matusow, and Raymer would be. I honestly expected there to be 27 people I've never heard left at this point.