Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Live game limit to online limit correlation?

How do the skils to beat a particular limit online correltate to a live game? For instance if i beat 2/4 full or 1/2 SH for 3bb/100 what limits live should I give a shot?
Old 07-07-2005, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Live game limit to online limit correlation?

I'd try out 6-12 or 8-16 depending on how big your bankroll is and how comfortable you feel playing those limits.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do the skils to beat a particular limit online correltate to a live game? For instance if i beat 2/4 full or 1/2 SH for 3bb/100 what limits live should I give a shot?

[/ QUOTE ]

live 20/40 = party .5/1
Old 07-07-2005, 10:11 AM

Hah. Would you still think its funny when I was begging for chaneg outside the Bellagio?
Old 07-07-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hah. Would you still think its funny when I was begging for chaneg outside the Bellagio?

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasn't trying to be funny. it's true, no joke.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:11 AM

From my limited live experience, play the highest limit your bankroll will allow. In general people suck at all limits in live play.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:50 AM

Well... obviously everything depends on your bankroll and the actual cardroom your playing at. If your playing at the local card hall with 3 tables you'll find out real fast... but if your at vegas with hundreds of table options and you can pick your spot i think you could do well at most 10-20 , 20-40 games. I honestly beleive at those relative limits 15-30 is the best game out there due to the blind structure. My friend plays 3-4 tables at 2-4 daily. sadly you need only about 2k more of a br to run a smooth 10-20. If your not that comfortable with those stakes or playing live then i suggest staying at about 5-10, although the swings will be higher cause the skill drops dramatically.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:05 AM

I've been playing the live 3/6 games here and only have about 30 hours in but am up 5BB/hour. I have seen how bad the live play can be.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:40 AM

I meant 8BB/hour.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:54 PM

I agree with playing the highest limit you can afford. The live players are unbelievably bad.

The last time I played a limit ring game at the Trop I found out how truly bad they can be. Minimum 5 players seeing the flop, usually 8 or 9. Mostly all calling stations. One girl directly to my right was raising and reraising hands like T7o before the flop. Not all of the time, just whenever she felt like it. Another time she reraised an inside straight on the turn (no other draws and she hadn't acted on the turn yet); I started cracking up when she turned over her straight on the showdown [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. But the funniest was that I don't think she knew that you are allowed to check. Several times in a heads up pot she simply folded on the river when she was first to act; I couldn't believe it! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Many of the other players were similar to her, but that should give you a taste of the types of people you will come across. Unfortunately for me, I was completely card dead and ended up losing $50 (it was only 2/4).

If you can beat .50/1.00 then you'll have no problem with the lower level limit games.