Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Tipping at a B&M

200+, maybe 1 /hr if yer lucky. The games have gotten so tight that I wish it was 2/3 blinds or something simliar. Someone makes it 12, they all fold! Unless they are loose. You pretty much have to loosen up a tight game yourself by putting in lots of raises preflop to 7-9 bucks. 3.5-4.5xbb.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:26 AM

Moderator: Just a suggestion. Start a whole new index on TIPPING. Put it right under the B&M Cardrooms and collect the 147,221,909 posts made on this topic all in one place. Then start another sub-topic called Don't Tip, so that every douchebag penny counter on earth can hang out and compare dinner coupons.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Moderator: Just a suggestion. Start a whole new index on TIPPING. Put it right under the B&M Cardrooms and collect the 147,221,909 posts made on this topic all in one place.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sorta what I'm hoping the wiki serves for. Every time someone asks the same question, they can just go over there, read the arguments for and against or whatever, and make up their own mind without rehashing the same old back-and-forth.

I dunno if that'll happen or not, but anyone's welcome to start an article at http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/Toke or http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/Dealer_tip or whatever they wanna call it.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:25 AM

I try not to tip more than $1 anymore, ever. Sometimes I get carried away and give $2 on a big pot. No offense to any dealers, but you're doing your job- and I'm doing mine.

For arguments sake, say I was an incredibly good player that averaged 10,000 won pots a year... I just gave away $10-20K for flipping over pieces of plastic and paper.
Now, if you're a mechanic... that's a different story.