Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 01:51 AM

Default Lame guess the hands post...

Maybe it's not, I don't know...but I thought it would make it a little more interesting of a post. I am MP in this hand.

Villain is a bit loose pf (34%) but has reasonable raising standards pf (7+%). He plays decently postflop and seems to be a thinking player. He hasn't gotten overly fancy, but will be tricky sometimes. Most hands that he's shown down have been decent. In retrospect the only thing he's really done to get out of line is loose pf play. From what I've seen so far from the hands he's played, he's very aggressive postflop (AF 4).

I've been showing down alot of good cards in the session. VP$IP was 22 and pfr was 15%, I was getting some decent cards, but many weren't connecting post flop. My went to SD was 18%. He seemed observant and probably noticed all of the above. I don't think he went to the next level of thinking though, from what I've seen.

So what might we both have, and how did I play it? Any other specific read information I can provide let me know and if I can I'll answer.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 7 handed) converter

Preflop:
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MPB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MPB calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MPB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MPB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MPB calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, MPB checks.

River: (7.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MPB calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 05-08-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Lame guess the hands post...

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and he has aces? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2005, 02:02 AM

I am trying to think of hand that you would 3-bet the flop with and then check behind on the turn. Hmm... ok here are my guesses:
You: KJ
Villan: AQ
Old 05-08-2005, 02:03 AM

he has a sizable range. you have a slightly narrower range.

you have outs on the turn. either flush or broadway gutshot, and likely a pair or possibly two pair.
K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J is not unreasonable given the flop 3-bet.

he has AK or a set. both wussed out on the turn.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
both wussed out on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, but I was 80% sure he was going to try to c/r me once he checked it.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:27 AM

You should only check the turn if you have a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Fire away without one and fold to a check/raise. That is why I suggested A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] eventhough it is probably overplayed in this spot. I like calling when bet into and checking behind if checked to with that hand.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:47 AM

I like that logic, I'm a pansy. I debated for a bit as to what to do and in the moment I felt a bit lost. It's easier to check and not have to deal with facing the c/r. I'd been running bad all month (plus I hadn't been playing anywhere near up to par), so of course seeing the worst. In hindsight it sucks, because it means I've been on mini tilt for a couple of weeks. Letting things cloud my judgement that shouldn't be.

This is of course larger than the scope of this post. Suffice to say I'd been slacking and not addressing the game and studying properly for a few weeks. Bored &amp; frustrated. Thankfully I've had some things get excited in the game again and I'm taking a short hiatus to retool.

I'll have to bust ass like crazy to meet my hand goal for the month after this, but it'll for sure be better for me to do it.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:07 AM

So what were the results? You had AK?
Old 05-08-2005, 07:40 AM

villain - KQs/A10
you - AJ
Old 05-08-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Results

I had KJ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and villain had AA.