Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Awkward blind steal with T8s and loose image

My first manually transcribed post. I read somewhere that posting this way makes you think through the hand more, so, here we go.

All fold to Hero on the button in a 5/10 full game with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

SB is a touch loose generally preflop but seems very reluctant to defend from the small blind. BB is tight and aggressive postflop over a small sample. I've been able to steal with impunity the whole session and have been raising all kinds of crap in this position for a while. I get the feeling they are tiring of my relentless, obvious thievery and will soon loosen their defending requirements and play back more postflop.

I raise. SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - 4.4 SB

BB checks, I bet, BB calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - 3.2 BB

BB checks, I bet. BB raises. I call, planning to call or check behind a river blank.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 7.2 BB

F?ck.

BB bets, I fold.

Questions:

- Is checking behind if checked to on the river lame? One of my weaknesses is that come the river, I turn into a big girl in a flowery skirt with pink ribbons in her hair, and miss value bets and raises left right and centre unless I hold the nuts or close to it, and I am trying to rectify this. However I think the times he calls with a hand that beats me or more likely checkraises me again vastly outweigh the times he pays off with with Ax one pair (A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] maybe), and I'd feel obliged to pay a checkraise off as 1. my hand does have some showdown value and 2. I hate folding there and basically announcing to the table that I am a pussy.

- Does the possibility that BB puts me on two random cards and is floating influence your play? I only know of BB what I've seen so far this session so I have no idea if he is capable of this.

- Is the river fold okay? I'm getting 8-1 but figured there was now basically nothing I could beat, and a call is going to be donating an extra BB while at the same time revealing to him that I'm raising his blind with ten high (though he has probably already figured this out for himself). Right? Am I right? I think I'm not.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice, and apologies for the lengthy jumbled mess of a post, especially if this is basic to most - my shorthanded play is not g00t at all and I'm currently doing time in the 6max for my sins.