Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: 20/40 top set

[ QUOTE ]
yes

[/ QUOTE ]

Are these more likely than a real hand? How often do you bet down like this with air? Do you really expect him to bluff here? I push.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:51 PM

I am not in the push camp. I think by pushing you give this guy an opportunity to fold.

I like a bet of around $4.5K on the river. This will ensure a call if he does in fact have 2 pair or a set. Granted he would call your push if he had a set, but I would rather guarantee myself at least another $4.5K on this hand. I think a push makes him fold 1 pair and 2 pair hands.

Obviously if he missed his draw he is folding on the river to a large bet anyways.

I definitely don't like checking here, he has shown his willingness to call, so BET.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not in the push camp. I think by pushing you give this guy an opportunity to fold.

I like a bet of around $4.5K on the river. This will ensure a call if he does in fact have 2 pair or a set. Granted he would call your push if he had a set, but I would rather guarantee myself at least another $4.5K on this hand. I think a push makes him fold 1 pair and 2 pair hands.

Obviously if he missed his draw he is folding on the river to a large bet anyways.

I definitely don't like checking here, he has shown his willingness to call, so BET.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this logic is correct. Most players that are calling down in this manner don't have a mentality that they can call a 4.5k bet but when you bet 8k they'll just say aw shucks i guess you got my J7 beat.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:21 PM

So you think more players are willing to call and all in here than $4.5K?

This is something that you and I obviously disagree on.