Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 02:44 PM

Default StellarWind\'s questions in the Welcome RakeReduction thread

StellarWind made the following post in the "Welcome RakeReduction" thread. His questions were not answered before the thread was locked. It would be helpful to know the answers to these questions. Here is the original thread.

[ QUOTE ]
Inthacup,

What does an affiliate have to do to join this forum and receive this type of introduction?

Is this an endorsement? Have you and the other moderators done any research or checked references? What conclusions should I be drawing?

I'm being sincere in asking these questions. If the answer is "he paid a fee" that's OK with me. I just want to know where we stand. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: StellarWind\'s questions in the Welcome RakeReduction thread

Hi Jason, I didn't see the question, or I would have answered sooner.

What does an affiliate have to do to join this forum and receive this type of introduction?

The welcome posts were a feature we offered to all of our banner advertisers. The sites/percentages sticky is similar in that anyone who advertises with us can take part.

Is this an endorsement? Have you and the other moderators done any research or checked references? What conclusions should I be drawing?

It is nearly impossible for us to do research on these sites without creating a plethora of fake accounts at different sites. So, if you're asking if we have signed up under RakeTheRake, RakeReduction, RakeBacks etc and confirmed that they payout in a timely manner, the answer is no. We do know from other places(RRR, 2+2) that these sites have a good repuation. If an affiliate goes rogue, then we will no longer deal with them and will help the community to be aware of the dangers involved.

lmk if you have any other questions.

Cup
Old 10-19-2005, 03:07 PM

A few others asked questions regarding their identity, or even prior 2+2 usernames, instead of the mysteriously anonymous internet handle of "rakereduction.com".

Any chance that a standard question to affiliates could be, oh, I don't know...their real names and location of business, and previous 2+2 usernames?

I know reputation and accountability go a long way in the selection process I use to select a rakeback provider. If the affiliate is ashamed of his other handles and actions under it, or if a business is ashamed to give me a mailing address....then that tells me alot about the prospective ability (or inability) to trust that business.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance that a standard question to affiliates could be, oh, I don't know...their real names and location of business

[/ QUOTE ]
An individual who facilitates internet gambling and is compensated with a share of the rake is on very shaky legal ground in the United States. Let's not pressure the people who make our lives better to serve themselves up on a silver platter to some ambitious prosecutor in their home state. See the recent thread concerning a New Jersey prosecution.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An individual who facilitates internet gambling and is compensated with a share of the rake is on very shaky legal ground in the United States. Let's not pressure the people who make our lives better to serve themselves up on a silver platter to some ambitious prosecutor in their home state. See the recent thread concerning a New Jersey prosecution.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just get an eery feeling doing hundreds of dollars of business with someone who refuses to tell me their name or where they are located.

Even if it were in private, away from the prying eyes of the federali, that would suffice. If they can't manage that much, however, then it makes me wonder.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:47 PM

I have been under rakereduction/rakeupdate for about 2 months and they have far exceeded any expectation I had for an affiliate. They pay out anytime, are prompt with inquiries and give higher percentages than I have seen elsewhere. Take that for what it's worth.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:49 PM

Do they give rakeback on Party?
Old 10-19-2005, 04:53 PM

No.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

lmk if you have any other questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sincerely, thank you for taking time to respond to StellarWind's questions.