Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Bill Clinton turns on Bush!

It's about time Bill came to his senses. Instead of chumming with President Smirky, Bill has finally given that monkey the dressing down he deserves.

Drunk Texas Prairie Monkey criticized by Rhodes Scholar Clinton

Here's some quotes from the article:

[ QUOTE ]
Breaking with tradition under which US presidents mute criticisms of their successors, Clinton said the Bush administration had decided to invade Iraq "virtually alone and before UN inspections were completed, with no real urgency, no evidence that there were weapons of mass destruction."

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"When James Lee Witt ran FEMA, because he had been both a local official and a federal official, he was always there early, and we always thought about that," Clinton said, referring to FEMA's head during his 1993-2001 presidency.

"But both of us came out of environments with a disproportionate number of poor people."

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"What Americans need to understand is that ... every single day of the year, our government goes into the market and borrows money from other countries to finance Iraq, Afghanistan, Katrina, and our tax cuts," he said.

"We have never done this before. Never in the history of our republic have we ever financed a conflict, military conflict, by borrowing money from somewhere else."

Clinton added: "We depend on Japan, China, the United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, and Korea primarily to basically loan us money every day of the year to cover my tax cut and these conflicts and Katrina. I don't think it makes any sense."

[/ QUOTE ]

---

Now if some other Democrats will only follow Clinton's lead we can get these monkeys out of office.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Bill Clinton turns on Bush!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"What Americans need to understand is that ... every single day of the year, our government goes into the market and borrows money from other countries to finance Iraq, Afghanistan, Katrina, and our tax cuts," he said.

"We have never done this before. Never in the history of our republic have we ever financed a conflict, military conflict, by borrowing money from somewhere else."

Clinton added: "We depend on Japan, China, the United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, and Korea primarily to basically loan us money every day of the year to cover my tax cut and these conflicts and Katrina. I don't think it makes any sense."

[/ QUOTE ]

---

Now if some other Democrats will only follow Clinton's lead we can get these monkeys out of office.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Clinton has a remarkable ability to explain a complex issue (like US deficit financing) in a way which is simple, effective and clear about consequences, without being demagogic.

I've my share of criticism of him as a politician, but as a matter of political artistry, I think in this area he is unmatched.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Bush has enough lapdogs like Reid, Schumer, H. Clinton, Obama, Okaka, Kennedy, The New York Times, The state of California, and lets not forget Michael Moore.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:24 PM

Just a thought but when people of all political leanings start using terms like "preznit McChimpy" "slick Willy" "President Smirky" and saying things like "she needs a CAT scan and a straight jacket" or whatever it just makes the speaker look immature and whatever they say automatically loses value. If people are interested in political discussion thats good - debate and dissent are what makes the USA (and other countries with free speech) great but the name calling should have ended when you left the sand box in kindergarden.

As a conservative I think there are some good points in your article but the "Drunk Texas Praire Monkey" stuff completely overshadows that and severely hurts the strength of your post. Talk like that puts you in in the League of the Limbaughs and Moore's not the league of the RFK's and Lincolns.

Also please realize that one individual, regardless of who that individual might be does not speak for everyone of a particular political persuasion. Posts "like Limbaugh said 'XXXXX' and Franken said 'XXXXX' how you defend that?" are completely pointless.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Instead of chumming with President Smirky, Bill has finally given that monkey the dressing down he deserves.
[ QUOTE ]
"When James Lee Witt ran FEMA, because he had been both a local official and a federal official, he was always there early, and we always thought about that," Clinton said, referring to FEMA's head during his 1993-2001 presidency.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooooooooooohhhhhhh, what a *dressing down*!!!!

yawn
Old 09-18-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a conservative I think there are some good points in your article but the "Drunk Texas Praire Monkey" stuff completely overshadows that and severely hurts the strength of your post. Talk like that puts you in in the League of the Limbaughs and Moore's not the league of the RFK's and Lincolns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see anything wrong with calling a spade a spade. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Dumbya has the lowest IQ of any president in history.

Since you are a "conservative," I assume that you are anti-Bush then? I don't see how one can call themselves a "conservative" and support a president who has has spent more money and brought us bigger deficits than any president in history. But that's just me. Many "conservatives" on this board appear ready to defend Bush until the bitter end (the bitter end being the bankrupting of our country).
Old 09-19-2005, 12:00 AM

I won't sit here and defend everything he has done but I think he has been a decent president. I think he sucks on immigration and spending among a few other things. I think he is good on defense, taxes, education and social security.

In terms of his IQ you are not in a position to judge that it is just clear speculation and I should point out his average at Yale was better then John Kerry's (not that either was excellent).

I am sorry if my opinion that discussion should be more civilized bothers you but hey you know FDR, JFK, RFK, and Clinton are all sociopathic sex addicts who put the needs of thier dicks above the needs of their country and family, nothing wrong with calling a "spade a spade" right? Personal attacks from all sides are lame and just hurt the side making the attacks.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think [Bush] is good on defense, taxes, education and social security.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take these in turn.

(1) defense: Bush brought us the dysfunctional Homeland Security Department filled with political cronies. He is also in the middle of installing a new terrorist regime in Iraq. Grade: F

(2) Taxes: Bush has lowered taxes on the top 1% of Americans. Did you personally benefit from that? Grade: F

(3) education: i.e. "No child left behind." Whatever the hell that means. Grade: C

(4) Social Security: Attempted to privatize Social Security. Failed. Grade: F

[ QUOTE ]
In terms of his IQ you are not in a position to judge that it is just clear speculation and I should point out his average at Yale was better then John Kerry's (not that either was excellent).

[/ QUOTE ]

A quote from the Bush I.Q. web page:

[ QUOTE ]
"The intelligence of our presidents has never been seriously scrutinized at any time in our history until now. There is a widespread perception that President G. W. Bush is not qualified for the position he holds. That increasing awareness by the people has led to a study of the intellectual ability of all presidents for the past fifty years. There have been twelve presidents in that time, from F. D. Roosevelt to G. W. Bush. All were rated based on scholarly achievements, writings that they alone wrote,their ability to speak effectively, and a number of psychological factors. The conclusions of the study, conducted by an independent think tank located in Scranton, Pennsylvania were surprising. This think tank includes high caliber historians, psychiatrists, sociologists, scientists in human behavior, and psychologists. Among their ranks are Dr. Werner Levenstein, world-renowned sociologist, and Professor Patricia A. Williams, a world-respected psychiatrist. All members of the think tank are experts at being able to detect a person's IQ from the criteria stated earlier. After four months of research, these learned men and women have determined the IQs of each president within a range of five percentage points. The IQs listed below are the norms for each president.

147 Franklin D. Roosevelt (D) 132 Harry Truman (D) 122 Dwight D. Eisenhower (R) 174 John F. Kennedy (D) 126 Lyndon B. Johnson (D) 155 Richard M. Nixon (R) 121 Gerald Ford (R) 175 James E. Carter (D) 105 Ronald Reagan (R) 099 George HW Bush (R) 182 William J. Clinton (D) 091 George W. Bush (R)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
FDR, JFK, RFK, and Clinton are all sociopathic sex addicts who put the needs of thier dicks above the needs of their country and family ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Clinton appeared to enjoy having sex. I'm not sure if that is allowed in the Christian-Republican party.

In any event, I am not emotionally attached to any party or any politicians as you seem to be. I like to look at results. America enjoyed a great period of prosperity while Clinton was president. I, for one, would love to go back to that time.

Instead of becoming emotionally attached to a politician or a party, take a step back and look at what Republican rule has wrought. Republicans have controlled the White House for 5 years and Congress for 11 years. We currently have the biggest deficits we have ever had and they are going to get bigger. This is in sharp contrast to the budget surplus our first Rhodes Scholar President brought us.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(1) defense: Bush brought us the dysfunctional Homeland Security Department filled with political cronies. He is also in the middle of installing a new terrorist regime in Iraq. Grade: F

[/ QUOTE ]
He also created the DHS and it is an organization in its infancy, to blame it for the NOLA disaster ignores the fact we have not had a terrorist attack in the US since 9/11. I give it a B

[ QUOTE ]
(2) Taxes: Bush has lowered taxes on the top 1% of Americans. Did you personally benefit from that?

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually the lower tax brackets got the greatest % decrease in taxes which is different from the greatest $ amount for obvious reasons I shouldnt need to explain to a poker player. B until we make the repeal of the inheritance tax permenant then A

[ QUOTE ]
education: i.e. "No child left behind." Whatever the hell that means.

[/ QUOTE ] Any attempt to change the status quo in our crappy education system is good, vouchers are the wave of the future. B for execution A for the idea of pushing hard for vouchers.

[ QUOTE ]
Social Security: Attempted to privatize Social Security

[/ QUOTE ] Failed due to democratic opposition. I personally support a partial privitization but again reform is needed and President Bush is at least trying something new and thinking outside the box. B

From the same website on his IQ [ QUOTE ]
Loyal Bush watcher AR writes that in the I.Q. story " the think tank is not identified. Google shows no Werner Levenstein, and no Baskerville News Service. The story must be a spoof."
OUR RESPONSE..."You may be right, AR, that's why we wrote ...."While the authenticity of the study might be questioned, we believe the results are indisputable ."

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck does that mean? the study was flawed but the results are right? You have to do better then that.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that Clinton appeared to enjoy having sex. I'm not sure if that is allowed in the Christian-Republican party.

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesnt bother conservatives that he likes sex its that he cheated on his wife and lied about it that upsets me, it shows a significant character flaw (not worthy of impeachment, however)

Again- Let me reiterate from my orignial post, I am not saying Bush is perfect-he is not. I am just saying when people result to name calling it only hurts the debate and weakens their own position.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but the "Drunk Texas Praire Monkey" stuff completely overshadows that and severely hurts the strength of your post

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree

[ QUOTE ]
Talk like that puts you in in the League of the Limbaughs and Moore's not the league of the RFK's and Lincolns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you point out where Mr. Moore has called Bush Monkey, Shimpy or something like that?

If you can't that also hurts the strenght of your post.