Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2004, 08:37 AM

Default Nut flush draw from the blinds

Suppose I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB

What would I do preflop in a multiway pot at a typical table? Raise to give myself the best drawing odds if the flush hits, or check to get away from my hand easily if it doesn't come?

Flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Now what? Bet out, check/call, or check/raise?

What about 4th st under each of the different scenarios?

I assume the river play would be rather mechanical (bet out if the flush is made, check/call if the flush is made against an aggressive post-flop player if the board pairs, check/fold if the flush doesn't come).

Your thoughts?
Old 06-15-2004, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Nut flush draw from the blinds

What would I do preflop in a multiway pot at a typical table? Raise to give myself the best drawing odds if the flush hits, or check to get away from my hand easily if it doesn't come?

You raise because you are likely ahead and can capitalize on your opponents preflop mistakes. You are getting overlay with a premium hand.

Flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

If check too, surely bet.

After that, it really depends on the number of opponents you have and the actions they take.

Peace,
Joe Tall