Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 02:59 AM

Default Blind Steal Attempt: Bet into on Frop

Villain is 21/10 over 100 hands or so

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ?
Old 11-07-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Re: Blind Steal Attempt: Bet into on Frop

Muck or call down (all the way). I would call this down. And fold a turn club.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:19 AM

I found an interesting thread (from the HUSH forum), which touches on how to handle being donk-bet into on the flop. This reply by StellarWind was particularly enlightening.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:23 AM

He uses the term "floating"... can u elaborate on this olaf....thanks for the link
Old 11-07-2005, 03:33 AM

As I understand it, "floating" means just calling the flop bet.

The important idea from that thread is that you call both with your semi-decent and your good hands alike. If Villain bets the turn, you need to fold your unimproved semi-decent hands, but you raise with your good hands to punish him.

However, if he was bluffing on the flop and gives up on the turn, you bet your good hands of course but you also have a decent chance of stealing the pot by bluffing with your not-so-good hands.

If you execute this strategy properly, Villain will not feel very comfortable about donk-betting you, since he can't know what you're calling with.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This reply by StellarWind was particularly enlightening.

[/ QUOTE ]
Great post indeed!
Old 11-07-2005, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As I understand it, "floating" means just calling the flop bet.

The important idea from that thread is that you call both with your semi-decent and your good hands alike. If Villain bets the turn, you need to fold your unimproved semi-decent hands, but you raise with your good hands to punish him.

However, if he was bluffing on the flop and gives up on the turn, you bet your good hands of course but you also have a decent chance of stealing the pot by bluffing with your not-so-good hands.

If you execute this strategy properly, Villain will not feel very comfortable about donk-betting you, since he can't know what you're calling with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the post. Enlightening indeed
Old 11-07-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I found an interesting thread (from the HUSH forum), which touches on how to handle being donk-bet into on the flop. This reply by StellarWind was particularly enlightening.

[/ QUOTE ]

man,that link stole my thunder.

I love floating in situations like this. People like to get cute in these situations, and to be honest, this is a fairly ragged flop for someone to bet into you. If a club falls on the turn and you get bet into, fold, if no club falls, I'm raising there a lot. Your hand is most of the time gonna be better then the villian's in these situations, but IMO pushing that edge on this flop isn't gonna result in a fold, and will prolong the villian's stay in the hand. Turn raises are much more strong, and this is a great situation to take advantage of that