Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 12:56 PM

Default TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!

First of all, to all of you nice, helpful people out there, please disregard this post...if it doesn't apply to you, don't be offended.
I have posted on here maybe four times.....and each time the majority of the comments are at the least, sarcastic with a know-it-all tone...some are just plain jerks!

Do you guys realize that the only reason you are breaking the bank by making 50 cents an hour online, is because new players like me are learning the game??? It would be in your best interest to be a little nicer to the newer players and keep us involved in the game...that way, you can withdraw your $25.00 at the end of the month and buy that "101 Funny Insults" book that you have been saving up for.
Thanks for nothing.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!

This is a piece of legitimate advice, and honestly probably the last one you'll get under your current screen name but I thiunk common sesne would tell anyone that coming back with an insulting message is about the least way to get people to help you learn the game. If you still want to learn then my tips to you.

1. Start a new account on these forums, you're doomed on this one.

2. Use the search function before you post questions. When people tell you to use it they aren't being jerks, they're simply informing you of the etiquette of every discussion forum on the internet.

3. Take a humble approach when you get advice back. Some of it may seem harsh but that's some people's nature. Either way you're getting advice from people with more experience than you who have gone through all of the learning experiences you're facing.

Good luck (but stop being a prick),
Matt
Old 10-04-2005, 01:21 PM

I just read all your posts. I didn't see any sarcastic or mean responses.

What gives?
Old 10-04-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have posted on here maybe four times.....and each time the majority of the comments are at the least, sarcastic with a know-it-all tone...some are just plain jerks!

[/ QUOTE ]
I was curious to see what people were saying to make you so mad, so I checked...

People here (and in ANY forums you care to find on the Internet) CAN be sarcastic and stupid, but in none of your threads has anyone been anything but civil to you.

And considering you were posting newbie questions in the wrong forums, that's amazing.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:25 PM

1) Take all of EStreets advice

2) I'm fairly new to posting. I lurked a long time before I started, but I'm reasonably new here. One thing I learned from posting here is that you get tough answers but correct ones. Guys may sound like they know it all because the question you're asking is basic to them or has been answered in plenty of other threads. You can avoid this by searching. My suggestion is to toughen up. I know lots of people who just lurk because they're too scared to participate and while it does them some good, nothing replaces being involved. If you just suck it up, you'll get thick skin and be thankful fot it.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:29 PM

Okay, maybe I was getting ill for nothing, just seemed like every time I posted...I would get a remark about being in the wrong area.
Thanks
Old 10-04-2005, 01:30 PM

Just seemed to me that everyone gets really ill if you post in the wrong area....maybe its me.
Thanks
Old 10-04-2005, 01:32 PM

I am getting the feeling that I was taking things the wrong way......sorry.
Thanks.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, maybe I was getting ill for nothing, just seemed like every time I posted...I would get a remark about being in the wrong area.
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Do some lurking before you post to make sure you're on-topic, and you should be fine.

Also, I've seen noobs like yourself get treated *much* worse, so you really don't have anything to complain about.

At least you didn't come on and complain that online poker was rigged or ask if you should move up to a level where they respect your raises... then you really would have taken it in the pooper.

Good luck and welcome to the forums.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:33 PM

Will do. Hey, at least I have received some good reply's
thanks.