Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: We have a problem

[ QUOTE ]
I've got a nightmare story to tell.

What would you do?

We have a weekly HE game that we play every Thursday night at a local restaurant with about 25 players.

The game has been going along for a couple years now.

About a month ago a couple of us noticed some shady dealing from one of our regulars. Turns out he is stacking the deck, passing the deck to his buddy next to him who does a false cut, and sure enough gives himself perfect cards.

My brother wrote down the cards prior to the hand that he saw him working over and sure enough when it came to showdown, those were the cards he showed.

Here's the tough part...he's a cop.

What do you think? Confront him? Shut down the game for awhile and then don't invite him back?

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Not long ago I played regularly in a private game where the game's sponsor discovered that one of the regulars was palming chips from other player's stacks and from the chip well.

The host solved the problem by alerting all of the other players, then staging a fake announcement that the game was being cancelled for such-and-such a reason. He called the game off for a couple of weeks then started it up again shortly thereafter. The thief didn't return.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:52 AM

Another idea.. Talk to everyone but him and his buddy. Agree that everyone will fold every time he deals. When he gets no action for a whole night he will probably figure out what everyone else has figured out. I bet he either cuts the [censored] or no longer shows up for the game.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another idea.. Talk to everyone but him and his buddy. Agree that everyone will fold every time he deals. When he gets no action for a whole night he will probably figure out what everyone else has figured out. I bet he either cuts the [censored] or no longer shows up for the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want the blinds to give him their blinds everytime he's dealer in order to convince him to stop cheating? Have you thought this very far through?
Old 06-27-2005, 01:17 AM

You prefer players who are none the wiser to keep giving him more than that? I doubt they are playing 80/160.

Honestly I think OP should just pull him aside and say 'cut the [censored]'. He seems adverse to doing that, so I think my suggestion is a decent way of doing that without really confronting him.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
buy a shuffle machine

[/ QUOTE ]

that would fix it...and its faster... i saw one at sav-on today
Old 06-27-2005, 08:14 AM

I vote for the hidden camera/send it to the media thingy. VERY sensational.