Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Jeez Louise

I always thought it would be nice to have some sort of unooffical rule where we should try to respond to at least twice as many hand posts as we post ourselves.

First, threads get more responses. Second, I think one can learn a lot from responding to other people's posts. Finally, it would keep people from posting tons of hands and ignoring the rest of the board.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:18 AM

Probably Novemberish. The post count in this forum just got overwhelming all of the sudden. I spend way to much time on here to start with so when I can't keep up with it I think that's a fair measure of too-many-ness.

I mainly read posts that people I know started/posted in/IM to me. That keeps me busy enough. It would be cool if I had time to write decent replies to hundreds of posts every day but as is the case I do not.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:23 AM

2:1 wow that sounds really low. I'm running at about 200:1 now in tearms of repliesosts. Mostly useless.

Nice post Clark. I will send the micro crowd here for sure as the same problem takes place there.

Brad
Old 02-17-2005, 04:52 AM

It doesn't have to be 2:1, it just seemed a good place to start. More important is that everyone makes a conscious effort to respond to other's posts, especially when they've been posting a lot of their own hands.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:54 AM

bizzump
Old 02-17-2005, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I'm done for tonight. I hope some of you *cough* (gaming mouse) *cough* try posting a few less hands and spend more effort reading more evolved threads that have better contributions

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Sorry about that. I was having a bad session last night and posting more hands than usual. I will be more careful about starting new threads in the future.

gm
Old 02-17-2005, 10:35 AM

this is another phantom bump. but I guess it's not so phantom...
Old 02-17-2005, 11:45 AM

This thread is totally on point. Way too many hands that are basically the same being posted. Way too many people functionally spamming converted hands w/o content.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Y'all need to stop and read the threads that are out there instead of just posting hand after hand. There are like 20% of the hands in the top 3 pages with zero-two responses and like 10-20 total views.

Slow down and go for quality over quantity, find the threads with discussion and digest them, there's some good stuff.

Just an observation from a Small Stakes lurker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Clark. This has been said before but perhaps people will listen to you. I hope so.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I'm done for tonight. I hope some of you *cough* (gaming mouse) *cough* try posting a few less hands and spend more effort reading more evolved threads that have better contributions, while posting fewer yet more interesting threads yourselves.

Remember, there are like 5 pages of threads just from the last few hours. Stop and read them all and respond to a few *before* you post any new hands of your own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who does this guy think he is? Clarkmeister? oh uh yeah, he is [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]