Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 08:29 AM

Default A4o -- mostly, I\'m just peacefully clearing a bonus

I don't know what I'm doing when my tables go short-handed. Fortunately, my opponents often have even less idea . . .

Anyway, BB is tight, SB is LAG (73/17/3 over 52 hands, with a staggering 93 BB/100) and has shown a willingness to bluff at length during a hand. However, sometimes she has the goods (note the 93 BB/100, which she didn't acquire just because people kept folding against her, though I think that was part of it).

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Thoughts?
Old 04-30-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Re: A4o -- mostly, I\'m just peacefully clearing a bonus

Bet the river, call a raise.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what I'm doing when my tables go short-handed. Fortunately, my opponents often have even less idea . . .

Anyway, BB is tight, SB is LAG (73/17/3 over 52 hands, with a staggering 93 BB/100) and has shown a willingness to bluff at length during a hand. However, sometimes she has the goods (note the 93 BB/100, which she didn't acquire just because people kept folding against her, though I think that was part of it).

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure about raising A4o.. I'd fold it.. Anyways it's marginal.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river, call a raise

[/ QUOTE ]
you have to be a favorate against this LAGs range of hands. I like the line against a more passive player.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop standards are just one of the things I'm not sure about when my tables go short-handed.

Anyway, though, prior to the posted hand, I had played a lot of hands heads-up with BB before the table started filling up again. He had been frequently conceding his small blind to me when he was on the Button, and I had been raising from the Button with anything that wasn't absolutely pathetic. (It was usually working. I think raising with any two would have been profitable, actually, but I was using my cards to vary my preflop play a little, so that what I was doing wouldn't become too completely obvious.)

So the posted hand came in the aftermath of that. My thinking at the time was that SB might play back at me with a worse hand (well, marginally worse, anyway -- it's not as if my hand was going to tower over anything preflop), and if by some chance BB 3-bet, I would know I needed to hit the flop hard.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:57 AM

I think this is a good raise pf, since you have a good chance of getting heads up with the LAG. Easy bet on the river when checked to.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy bet on the river when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was worried that it might be.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Results

SB had 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], MHIG, and I immediately started questioning myself for not making better use of my read on the river.

Thanks for the responses.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:32 PM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

SB checks, Hero checks.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see any other way of playing this preflop.

I don't think folding is good because you'll get blinded off if you fold stuff like this.
Limping is okay, but you might as well try and steal the blinds/get HU with a blind with a hand that could be best now.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:37 PM

Cap the flop. Bet the river.