Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: KK on this turn

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: I erased what I wrote - hail to meep - poker prodigy

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! You must have never played with me!

-d
Old 08-19-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, in the middle of this downswing that's perpetuating itself today, all I could think at the moment was "OH XXXX....here we go again!"

Don't be like me.....

[/ QUOTE ]
You have to learn to me masochistic about your downswings. Whenever I'm in a situation like this, instead of thinking "OH XXX...", I bet and say out loud, "CMON YOU MOTHERF**KERS CHECKRAISE ME" and then I'm not surprised or pissed about it, I start to enjoy the suckouts. Man I wish I could play right now.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to learn to me masochistic about your downswings. Whenever I'm in a situation like this, instead of thinking "OH XXX...", I bet and say out loud, "CMON YOU MOTHERF**KERS CHECKRAISE ME" and then I'm not surprised or pissed about it, I start to enjoy the suckouts. Man I wish I could play right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad i'm not the only one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-d
Old 08-19-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad i'm not the only one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

Whilest in the midst of suffering my first 200 BB downswing and reading after having read on the forums about normal variance and downswings, I ho-hummed my way thru 100 BBs down, then 125, then 150, then 175... saying it's ok, normal, keep plodding, then I hit the magical 200 BB mark... the very next hand I get check raised on the turn in a biggish pot.

Now, friends tell me that my demeanor is good because I don't have obvious tilt issues (except for reverting back to my mostly former weak/tighty ass self) and play within myself. But at this point I slam the mouse down, 3 bet in anger/tilt muttering to myself that I am not gonna take it anymore, bet call the river raise and take down the pot - villain on a stone cold bluff. END OF SLIDE.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to me and 5/10. I hate that game for what it's done to my confidence.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, my recall is that i think that you tend to play 3 or 4 tables. others have said that 5/10 requires more read based decisions. i only play 1 or 2 tables so i am always "reading." but you may want to really focus and play 1 or 2 tables at 5/10; this may allow you get a better feel/ personally, i don;t see very much difference between 3/6 and 5/10 though at 5/10 there are more intelligent "tricky" players. another issue may be your screen name [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

you, too, will snap the slide.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:26 PM

I know, i've been doing a bit better since I've concentrated more on table selection and slowed down the decisions. And I haven't been that far underwater, but over several thousand hands at a new level.. it just sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And yes, I've often wondered if my sn is -EV.

-d
Old 08-19-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet/call. For sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-19-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are almost certainly beat here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was I the only one who saw this nightmare?

What's your reasoning for saying this, that Hero is "almost certainly beat." Is it because his opponents just called the flop and checked the turn to him? You know, come to think of it, that is pretty scary. I'd fold. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are almost certainly beat here. Your only GUARANTEED out is the Ace of spades, otherwise, if any other spade falls, anybody holding the Ace(spades)-rag has you beat.

Also, because your playing with many opponents, your drawing hard against anybody with a 4 or 9.

I think this a check/fold. Though you need to protect your hand, it's going to be hard to protect it when nobody's bet yet, when the turn hurt you, when the pot is only moderately big, and because you can still get raised by the people still left in the pot.

Check, fold to a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post made me want to vomit.

Bet.