Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Marginal Holding OOP

Villian is a thinking weak-tight player. Will position bet, will not pre-flop raise lower end quality hands (AQx, AJx, even JJ). Will not release to flop check-raise even with undercards, will sometimes release to turn check-raise or else go extremely passive. I have a better then usual read on this guy because he has been in a lot of hands I had datamined and his name stuck with me lol.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

I have top pair and a back door straight draw. Not a big pot so I called. Not giving villian credit for the A just yet.

Turn: (2.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ?????

What is your line here?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Marginal Holding OOP

My line begins with betting that flop, obviously! Why are you checking? No one has shown strength yet, so it could very easily get checked through. Plus, you get someone to bet and you just call... what does that tell you about his hand? Nothing!

I lead the flop and turn with my top pair + backdoor straight.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:37 PM

Good point, I thought about that after the hand and wondered if that would have been a better line. But at the time, I didn't do it. So now I am at the turn what do you do?
Old 03-04-2005, 03:55 PM

Easy turn bet. Call down if raised.