Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 04:27 PM

Default This is a great idea (from the SS forum)

Anyone want to tackle something similar?

Digest Link
Old 07-13-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: This is a great idea (from the SS forum)

Does sound like a good idea. Would this be a one person job, or a group project?
Old 07-13-2005, 04:32 PM

Another poster suggested this a couple weeks ago. SS has been doing that for about a month or two now. Lately, I've only been checking 2+2 late at night, and I read SS, HUSH, ML, HS (sometimes), Zoo, and the dreaded OOT. Between those, I don't have time to rummage through all the micro posts looking for good ones.

FWIW, I feel like a lot of good posts are not getting the discussion they deserve, and my guess is that people like to answer posts which are very clear cut as to what line should have been taken, but not the ones which are very tough/marginal.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:33 PM

This is a fantastic idea. I'd love to see this implemented on the micro-limit forums.

Edit: I'm feeling benevolent. Since I'm pretty new to the forums -- and to playing serious poker -- I'd like to participate in something constructive. That said, I'm not sure a newbie's discretion on which posts deserve to be in a weekly digest is necessarily the best. As such, I propose that during the week, you more experienced guys (aK13, davelin, shadow29, Aaron W., Entity, etc.) simply put something like "digest this" in posts as you look at them and reply. Also, newer users (like myself) should do the same for posts they find particularly helpful. At the end of the week, either Friday evening or Saturday morning, I'll be more than happy to assemble the actual digest post.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:34 PM

I love the idea, I work 4 12hr days then am off 3 so it would help me imensely since I don't have time on my off days to go back through a weeks worth of posts.
Love it, Love it, Love it
Old 07-13-2005, 04:40 PM

i think it's a great idea, did someone PM jakedasnake or whatever his name is (guy who does SS one) and get some info on how often/how much work/who helps so we can get this started? id be interested in helping, FWIW.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my guess is that people like to answer posts which are very clear cut as to what line should have been taken, but not the ones which are very tough/marginal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is nothing new. It takes a lot of sustained effort on everyone's part to keep the quality of the forum high.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my guess is that people like to answer posts which are very clear cut as to what line should have been taken, but not the ones which are very tough/marginal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is nothing new. It takes a lot of sustained effort on everyone's part to keep the quality of the forum high.

[/ QUOTE ]

and people get sneaky and add words like 'an interesting 99 hand' or 'wtf do i do here AA against pf raise' and 'raised on turn holding quad K' thinking they can hide the lack of content/meaningful discussion behind a fancy title. tisk tisk
Old 07-13-2005, 10:14 PM

Default bump n/m

Old 07-13-2005, 11:51 PM

I spend a lot of time here and see a lot of good interesting discussion die a quick death when they hit page 4.

I could certainly find the time to put this together. Maybe designate a couple of posters to send me links via PM.