Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Abandon Hold \'Em?

[ QUOTE ]
I sat down at a 1/2 table last night and not 1 of the other 9 players at the table was already in my database.

That's a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. This is one of the coolest things about O8 online.

In RL, I have to hear some crazy yahoo say, "Now why did ya call her down with that? Tight as she plays, you know she had to have the nuts!" Then I have to yell at him to shut up to the table about my hands. Then he starts arguing with me about how he can say whatever the H*ll he wants, then I have to call the floor over. Then he starts to go on and on about how women shouldn't be allowed in the poker room anyway. Then he starts telling his nostalgia stories about the "good old days" of poker when women were banned.

Can ya tell I just got chemo yesterday? And have some more to do today? Yep, "bitter, party of one, your table is ready..."

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2005, 12:39 PM

Felicia,

Stay strong! good luck with your chemo. Try the 420, if it helps.

I recommend a stun gun for the next table coach you encounter (or sexist).

I think bitterness has its place! It actually protects our self-esteem as in "I deserve better than this"! and you know what? You DO!! So stay focused and look to better days ahead, and many fish at your tables!

Best Wishes,

Grant
Old 07-30-2005, 10:14 PM

I still try to play hold'em for an hour or two a day...everybody's doin it...must stay flexible...it's no good to be a 5 card draw expert and such

But...o/8 is great. I've played poker for a living for a few years now. After 1 month of o8, i can say the risk/reward is better than any game i've played so far. Mistakes are common, but I'm not sure it's any worse than what I see in hold'em. This is especially true considering that there appears to be less consensous about what are the correct plays in o/8.

Interesting note...in 1 month, I've gathered about 100,000 hands for pokertracker. While the moneybags make money, there are numerous people who play different styles and made good money for over 2,000 hands. Not the greatest sample size, but good enough that I'm looking at what these people are doing.