Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2005, 03:22 AM

Default PLO8 General Thought

Dear All:

I was reading Steve Badger's site this evening Steve Badger when I read what may be the truest thing I've ever read in my life.

[ QUOTE ]
However, the most important reason PLO8 games exist as much as they do online is: a high percentage of online poker players drastically overestimate their skill level. While this is true of all games online, this overestimation is more concentrated in big bet games. Mediocre players suddenly think they are God's gift to poker, the second coming of Bret Maverick, when confronted with the pseudo-complexities of PLO8 -- lots of cards, variable/progressive betting. It's one thing to be a mediocre juggler. It's another thing indeed to be a mediocre juggler who insists on juggling seven flaming machetes. (The other place online where mediocre players drastically overate themselves is at head-up games.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this from personal experience! And if you really want to be stupid, do what I did and play alot of heads up PLO8 games.

Newbies be warned. I think PLO8 may be one of the quickest ways to blow a bankroll there is if, like me, you don't know what you are doing.

With Regards,

Will May