Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Good article on Arieh

[ QUOTE ]

"For me there's no reason to [play in a cash game]," Arieh says. ......... I don't see what people are trying to accomplish. All they can do is make themselves miserable and screw up a good thing."

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, at least he has a firm understanding of poker
Old 06-25-2005, 02:30 PM

I like Arieh, but for him to get pissed at espn for showing his rude behaviour on the tables then try to push it over to being espn's fault is pretty laughable. Being a dick seems to be his defense mechanism at the table, nothing wrong with that and I find it highly entertaining but at least have the balls to admit it was your doing not espn's.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Arieh, but for him to get pissed at espn for showing his rude behaviour on the tables then try to push it over to being espn's fault is pretty laughable. Being a dick seems to be his defense mechanism at the table, nothing wrong with that and I find it highly entertaining but at least have the balls to admit it was your doing not espn's.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll repeat myself from a previous thread. have you ever acted like a jerk in your life? did you have espn cameras there to capture the footage and have a jealous commentator (norman chad) hating on you? no not likely.

sometimes arieh can be a little rude or jerk-like at the table, but do you think he is like that away from the table? he has said many times he is a different guy away from the poker table.

read his blog, espn did some heavy editing to make him sound like a jerk in a segment or two. espn is not a reliable source, look at their slip ups with the Hellmuth bluff vs. Tony D's "trip jacks" from 2003 WSOP? and apparantly Scotty N's bluff vs cannot remember his name..but they did not have the lipstick cams at that table, how did they know which cards the buddy held?

anyway, espn accomplished their goal. they needed to start a buzz and had to create a "bad guy" at the final table. mission accomplished espn! =D
Old 06-25-2005, 03:32 PM

espn clearly did not edit his chat w/ Harry D or his comments for David after getting busted. he set himself up. I enjoy his blog and he seems like a nice guy off the tables so dont misunderstand me as some Arieh hater or what not.

I never said anything about his attitude off the tables, Im sure he's a nice guy and all that, but clearly he set the tone for how espn was going to protrait him.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:50 PM

ppl fail to realize he became friends with david williams, when he said "bust this motherxxxxer," he was merely cheering on his buddy. it was not a personal stab @ raymer.

his attitude at the table is great. sure there are unwritten rules of poker etiquette, but let's face it, trash talk is inevitable, especially when millions are on the line.

anyway, difference of opinion and nothing wrong with that. i misunderstood your original post and you clarified. we're on the same page =D

i grow tired of ppl judging anyone in the public spotlight. a friend of mine said "i hate britney spears, she is such a *****!" i said "ah, because you know her so well right?"

anyway, enough beating of this dead horse!
Old 06-26-2005, 06:26 AM

If he won't play cash games he's throwing money away IMO. Hell you don't have to play 4000-8000 to make good money!