Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Is it ever correct.......................

Hi good people,

Is it nuts to ever raise my whole stack preflop?

Is it ever correct to go all-in preflop with A-Qs?
I just busted myself in a tourney but to be fair I really did this as a steal attempt cuz this maniac was getting just a bit carried away stealing blinds on a tight table, with most of the table shortstacked and only 3 of us with winning stacks to the intitial buyin amounts I thought why not isolate him and pickup the 350 he had just bet and so with only he and I and 1 other player in this pot I bet it all of course hoping I get him heads up BUT instead the only other player (remember I said 3 of us) with a decent stack calls me with an AK and I was history just like that. Oh my ploy worked in the way of getting his 350 as he dropped. The other player called the blind in front of this guy in a late position but I thought he was just trying to get a piece of the maniac too and why not raise with an AK when you know Maniac is calling?

I cant help to think that I made a terible play now though, we were halfway through the tourney and I didnt have to make the play but I was playing so conservatively up to that point that I had missed a lot of hands like j-q that became a full house because the blind was raised (only double the blind) and I just felt it was "the place" to make a qwik strike, am I nuts to ever raise my whole stack is my real question I guess?