Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 08:10 AM

Default 22 LMP river donk bet

Party 30/60

I raise 22 LMP, overagressive CO 3-bets (his range is huge here), very loose BB calls.

Flop: Qs, 7d, 8d

check, check, bet, call, call

Turn: Qs, 7d, 8d 5h

check, check, bet, call, call

River: Qs, 7d, 8d 5h 4c

check, I bet...
Old 09-29-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: 22 LMP river donk bet

Overagressive CO ? I would be afraid that he might raise anything including A high...
Old 09-29-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(his range is huge here)AND very loose BB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. If these types of opponents caught anything, you're getting called. Save this sale for someone willing to buy it.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise 22 LMP, overagressive CO 3-bets (his range is huge here), very loose BB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you forget to look at who was behind you or is this standard for you against the given opposition? If I'm raising 22 from anywhere other than the button its because I think I have a very good chance to win the blinds.
I was also about to say I hated postflop, but the more I think about it this looks pretty good. I still don't know about the turn call. Is CO so overaggressive that he's still autobetting the turn with alot of unpaired hands? If its now down to AK, T9, big diamonds, and hands that beat you, I think you fold. But if he'd still be pounding away with KT etc I guess you gotta look him up. With BB check/calling twice we've gotta assume he's on some sort of draw or I think even most of the dumber 30 players would put a little more pressure on you.
The river is also tricky. I'm not sure what you're doing here but it can't be that bad. Do you think you might get called by ace-high from the CO and force BB to fold the best hand rather than overcall? (This would be amazing) Do you think you can get a better hand to fold any other way? Is this just a valuebet? I can see any of these working out occasionally but I still think you mainly get called and lose. In any case its probably better than check/calling, if you really didn't think you could fold here.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm raising 22 from anywhere other than the button its because I think I have a very good chance to win the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a decent chance of winning the blinds or get it HU against BB and then take it on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't know about the turn call. Is CO so overaggressive that he's still autobetting the turn with alot of unpaired hands? If its now down to AK, T9, big diamonds, and hands that beat you, I think you fold. But if he'd still be pounding away with KT etc I guess you gotta look him up. With BB check/calling twice we've gotta assume he's on some sort of draw or I think even most of the dumber 30 players would put a little more pressure on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't decide to call the turn until BB just called again. And yes CO will make continuation bets on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think you might get called by ace-high from the CO and force BB to fold the best hand rather than overcall? (This would be amazing) Do you think you can get a better hand to fold any other way?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking at the time. I had already decided to call, so I figured a bet might get BB to fold something like A4d. I also think I can fold to a raise from CO. I'm still not convinced that betting is best since I can easily fold if CO bets and BB calls.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:01 AM

You cant really fold if CO raises and BB folds can you ?