Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Independant verification of sites?

Hello all,

I know this question will be detested here and is asked by dummies like me, but is there any independant proof that online poker sites are in fact dealing str8. I know the various theories poeple have on here as to why they believe most sites are fair dealing. I was just wondering if there was any concrete proof. People winning longterm etc doesn't seem satisfactory and would be expected. The thought that sites wouldn't or don't need to risk the trouble that would accompany any manipulation is very naive. Bottomline profit manipulation is common in regulated businesses and often involves gray or illegal tactics. The risk of such manipulation is often no more worrisome to owners/operators than more mundane risk factors associated with business operations in general. In fact, the reward of some decisions far overwhelm the risks and become unavoidable. Of course there are examples every day on your television sets of companies and countries taking far more outrageous risks. I do know that there are many posters on here far more experienced an intelligent than my self, so I just wanted a better proof. I think I would benefit from the peace of mind that trust in a site would engender in me. Could certainly open my game up. Thanks in advance and don't flame me too bad ok?