Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2004, 04:10 PM

Default Live NL Freeroll Final Table Hand

Fast paced players freeroll tourney, entry via points based on hourly play. Start out with a midrange chip count, one good play and a whole bunch of luck has gotten me down to 5 and in the money(4&5 pay $580[approx. higher placing payouts 3-870,2-1400,1-2+] each plus $100 save agreement when we got to 6).

Stacks
UTG=45K
CO=80K
Button=40K
SB=120K
BB=45k

UTG raises all-in
CO Folds
Button has JJ

I am Button-By far the most conservative at the table, I have played like a rock, except for one point when I had to move in when I have only T9800 and on the 10k blind. Sucked out on UTG tripled up, knocked out another player after that, stack was as high as 60k.

UTG-One time chipleader with over 200k got sucked out on and has tilted down to 45k

SB-Super agressive early on, has slowed way down now that he leads in chips. His posturing tells me he is folding his hand after the all-in move.

BB-Also very agressive player, when he got his cards he started to count chips out, after all-in he has moved them back, has cards in hand. Looks like he is going to fold as well.

Do I move in or fold?
Like to hear anyones thought process on this one.

Will post my thought process, and final outcome later.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Live NL Freeroll Final Table Hand

With a big blind of 10K, the utg player does not have to have much of a hand to raise all-in for T45K. With JJ, you should be well ahead of his range of hands, and given your read of the blinds folding, this is an easy all-in call. You're risking T40K to win ~T95K or so, and you're probably about a 60:40 favorite to win the pot. That's way too much EV to pass up, especially when you're going to lose close to half your stack to the blinds within a few hands if you just start folding.

Not even close, call.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 05-10-2004, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Live NL Freeroll Final Table Hand

Thanks for replying once again Greg.

Here is what happened...........

I counted down my chips, then asked for a countdown of his, he looked very antsy like he wanted to get it over quick, I figured this was sign he was a bit worried. He then kinda of picked up his cards and was like 'ok lets show'em' the dealer told him I had not called yet and that there were still two to act. I was positive of weakness and moved in like a light(I figure I must take a shot on doubling through here and if I don't make a move now with these cards who knows what I will be forced to move on, I'm playing to win so now is as good a time as any). SB and BB folded without hesitation.

I turn over my hooks quick, he flips over..........LADIES
JJ vs. QQ
board is all T or unders, in a random twist SB and BB both held cards to side until after showdown to show, they both said they were on big hands as well.

SB showed AJo
BB showed TT

Out in 5th place my first live tourney score, UTG went out two hands after this one, the remaining three ended up chopping the last three places.