Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Party 30/60, AT.

Hand #1

I open raise in EMP with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], cold called once by a semi-loose player in MP.

2 players (2.5BB)

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, he raises, I call.

2 players (4.5BB)

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, he bets, I call.

River: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, he bets, I call.

Comments?

Hand#2

Same game. Unknown player, but from what I've seen a bit loose, open raises in Hijack, I 3-bet on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], blinds fold.

2 players (3.5BB)

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet, he raises, I call.

Turn and river blanked, he bet both streets, I called him down. Thoughts?
Old 05-03-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Party 30/60, AT.

I think you are infatuated with A10. I would have folded the first hand preflop, or on the flop. I would have 3 bet the second hand on the flop and tried for the free card on the turn. I wouldnt have called him all the way out. If he capped, I would have called, and folded on turn if I didnt improve. If he called the flop, i would have checked the turn and evaluated what came to decide what to do on the river.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:07 PM

Hand 1, I think you need to bet this river. There are also some players against who you can fold this flop against in a relatively small pot.

Hand 2, looks fine. Your could also 3-bet the flop and try for a free showdown. However, the board is very draw heavy is you can't fold to a flop cap so calling down is probably better. Another option is raising the turn, but you have to fold for a 3-bet so you better be sure he's not the type that will 3-bet the turn with a good draw (i.e. KJ or J9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])
Old 05-03-2005, 12:16 PM

I really don't like the flop call but it is closer than i first thought. You have to bet the river.

2nd hand i play the same.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Results

Hand#1: He turned the nuts with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hand#2: He shows 22, and MHING