Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 03:26 PM

Default US Troops Reportedly Gassing Fallujah

US Troops Reportedly Gassing Fallujah

FALLUJAH, November 10 - US troops are reportedly using chemical weapons and poisonous gas in its large-scale offensive on the Iraqi resistance bastion of Fallujah, a grim reminder of Saddam Hussein’s alleged gassing of the Kurds in 1988.

“The US occupation troops are gassing resistance fighters and confronting them with internationally-banned chemical weapons,” resistance sources told Al-Quds Press Wednesday, November 10.

The fatal weapons led to the deaths of tens of innocent civilians, whose bodies litter sidewalks and streets, they added.

“They use chemical weapons out of despair and helplessness in the face of the steadfast and fierce resistance put up by Fallujah people, who drove US troops out of several districts, hoisting proudly Iraqi flags on them. Resistance has also managed to destroy and set fire to a large number of US tanks and vehicles.

“The US troops have sprayed chemical and nerve gases on resistance fighters, turning them hysteric in a heartbreaking scene,” an Iraqi doctor, who requested anonymity, told Al-Quds Press.

“Some Fallujah residents have been further burnt beyond treatment by poisonous gases,” added resistance fighters, who took part in Golan battles, northwest of Fallujah.

In August last year, the United States admitted dropping the internationally-banned incendiary weapon of napalm on Iraq, despite earlier denials by the Pentagon that the “horrible” weapon had not been used in the three-week invasion of Iraq.

After the offensive on Iraq ended on April 9 last year, Iraqis began to complain about unexploded cluster bombs that still litter their cities.

Media Blackout

The sources said that the media blackout, the banning of Al-Jazeera satellite channel and subjective embedded journalists played well into the hands of the US military.

“Therefore, US troops opted for using internationally banned weapons to soften the praiseworthy resistance of Fallujah people.

“More and more, the US military edits and censors reports sent by embedded journalists to their respective newspapers and news agencies,” the sources added.

Iraqi Defense Minister Hazem Al-Shaalan had said Tuesday, November 9, would be decisive.

“Al-Shaalan declaration meant nothing but the use of chemical weapons and poisonous gases to down Fallujah fighters,” observers told Al-Quds Press.

The reported gassing stands as a grim reminder of Saddam Hussein's alleged gassing of the Kurdish community in the northern city of Halbja in 1988.

While the West insisted that Saddam was the one behind the heinous attack, the ousted president pointed fingers at the then Iranian regime.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:27 PM

Default Re: US Troops Reportedly Gassing Fallujah

Hilarious! You'll really believe anything you want to won't you?
Old 11-10-2004, 03:39 PM

get this utter and complete bullshit out of here.

Seriously, you sicken me by even accusing something like this.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:45 PM

These are obviously fair and balanced reports from IslamOnline, based on objective, if anonymous, "resistance sources". The failure of the western media to report these atrocities is more evidence of media bias.

Has Dan Rather seen this confirmation that there really are WMDs in Iraq [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2004, 03:51 PM

Old 11-10-2004, 04:14 PM

I would seriously doubt this.

Why would they even need to? With overwhelming firepower, heavy armor, and attack aircraft support, US forces are quickly overwhelming any areas of resistance in Fallujah. Also, I just read that, contrary to the account of "courageous resistance fighters", a goodly number have surrendered rather than be blown away.

My gut tells me there is a 99% chance this report is basically Arab/Islamist propaganda.

[ QUOTE ]
“The US troops have sprayed chemical and nerve gases on resistance fighters, turning them hysteric in a heartbreaking scene,” an Iraqi doctor, who requested anonymity, told Al-Quds Press.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, maybe a few belligerents got pepper-sprayed for resisting arrest and that is what the good Iraqi doctor was referring to;-)
Old 11-10-2004, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would seriously doubt this.

[/ QUOTE ] You, sir, are a master of the understatement.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this Cracka...Christina's nothing but a troll.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:25 PM

a flat-chested troll.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Salt, I've never seen you upset. And in this case, I'm glad to see it.