Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 04:18 AM

Default I WILL TEACH YOU TO BEAT ME

I have changed my mind as I have decided, how fat my wallet is more important to me,than how fat my ego is.

I can understand players supporting eachother to what's going on in the poker world.I think it is very good.I get assistance here that is very useful and where I can be of assistance I will happily contribute.

But what goes on in this forum boggles the mind.
I will not however go on to explain.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Re: I WILL TEACH YOU TO BEAT ME

Go away.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:26 AM

I am consistantly amazed at how hard it is to teach someone to beat me. I have tried to teach some friends everything I know about poker, and invariably I end up learning more from them about how the recreational player thinks.
If you think that you can increase your edge by not engaging in active discussion with the forum, good luck.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:39 AM

If the original sngers didn't have a forum and discuss strategy, they'd have a similar hourly rate as today, but play half as many tables and half the stakes!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 04:40 AM

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Mark Twain
Old 12-06-2005, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Mark Twain

[/ QUOTE ]

"I could make more than 1600 posts and have you think me a fool; or, I could make one more and remove all doubt"
[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]SFB [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 12:12 PM

Yes Mr J nothing much more needs to be said as to the result of teaching others to beat you. What one thinks is harmless information that can not come back to haunt you has such an affect that I am amazed that truly intelligent people as the majority of these people are do not realise the impact.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes Mr J nothing much more needs to be said as to the result of teaching others to beat you. What one thinks is harmless information that can not come back to haunt you has such an affect that I am amazed that truly intelligent people as the majority of these people are do not realise the impact.

[/ QUOTE ]

99% of recreational players couldnt come here and read for a few days and go on to "beat me" in SNGs. Ive seen even regular posters take info from here, and later post a hand where what they thought they had learned was completely missapplied.

All the info is out there, books, articles, forums, etc...Ill never worry about the mass of poker players being able to absorb it all and apply it. It takes a lot of time, and if a player is willing to put in that time, then they would've gotten there regardless of what we discuss on this silly forum.

I have taken much more than I have given here and I think the majority of posters feel the same. I don't know what your motive is, but I think you're wrong.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:31 PM

Our little poker game is an ever changing climate.Takes experience to see differences which really matter.Which because of your experience you can now put into affect.This takes time to work out exactly how to employ new plays.I will not be the only one to work these things out nor you.
But some LUNATIC experienced poker player comes along to tell everyone what new tactics to use.My motive Pooh is to wake some people up as to cause and affect.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have changed my mind as I have decided, how fat my wallet is more important to me,than how fat my ego is.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean to imply by your post that you thought you were giving up information by posting so much strategy on this site or forum?

amazingly when i look over your massive number of posts i see a whopping zero strategy posts. this isn't entirely surprising.

since you've been lurking and just taking the free information already, i don't know what you've changed your mind about exactly. or are you actually complaining because you have a large wallet, and you are now willing to sacrifice ego by carrying the requisite purse, even though it will subject you to the ridicule of many. i'm impressed that you're man enough to carry a purse.

have fun er, continuing to lurk. we'll miss you?

c
Closed Thread