Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2003, 11:51 AM

Default Same fish, a good player & me

10-20 at the Bike.
UTG+1 open limps. All fold to fish in SB who calls. I get a free play in BB with 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] . Flop comes 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] . Fish leads, I raise not wanting any draws in there and besides I much prefer to be heads up with a calling station. EP cold calls, fish 3-bets and I cap. EP and fish call. Turn is A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] . Fish bets, I just call thinking that EP would cold call flop with A9 and a little surprised that fish bet. EP raises, fish calls, I call. River is a blank. Fish bets, I call, EP mucks. Never saw EP's hand, but feel that he had Ax [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] as I had seen him make this play twice earlier in the session. I gave the fish the straight or 76. No real way to tell. Sometimes cowardice seems the better part of valor. He had the 76 and I won a nice pot. Comments please.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Same fish, a good player & me

I'd probably raise the turn (the initial bet) and charge EP for what feels like a draw. The way you played it, I'd give strong consideration to 3-betting the turn.

I gave the fish the straight or 76. No real way to tell.
He wouldn't 3-bet the turn w/ a straight?
Old 07-11-2003, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Same fish, a good player & me

Good comment, it diddn't occur to me in the heat of battle. For what it's worth, he could have been in there with 85 and chickened out when GP raised. He played very strange all night. Also saw him just call heads up on the end with the nuts. Go figure. How's that for covering up my cowardice?