Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Is moving up this way okay?

For the last six years or so, I have been grinding it out in the small stakes section of my local cardrooms. I am a winning player who is well read in all the leading books on poker. I typically crush the 3/6 4/8 and 5/10 live and do allright online (although I prefer live much better).

For the last couple of years, I have worked up my BR and have been very successfull playing within my limits. Since I have a steady source of income aside from poker, I typically do not spend the money I win, although I have taken some out for when the days were rainy.

The other night, the poker gods rewarded me by allowing me to hit a bad beat jackpot in which I myself came away with about $25,000 (Do not take this as a brag post because it is not). Note: this is not a legal cardroom so I wont be paying taxes on the money I won.

My question is this: Should I continue to grind my way up the long way and splurge the BBJ$ i won on myslef, or take shots at a higher game where I am pretty sure I can do well.
(I know we say we need a BR of 300BB, but Im not too sure if I want to be playing 50/100 off the bat)

Should I take it all and go up to the 20/40s 30/60s and see how I do there or go somewhere down the middle into the 10/20s, 15/30s areas and try my luck there? I know these games are not the same as the other SSH games, but I feel I am ready for some tougher competion.

Or, should I spend a little and put the rest in my BR and move up level by level.

Comments appreciated!