Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How much?
Greater than $15k (name your price) 112 94.12%
$15k 5 4.20%
$10k 0 0%
$5k 2 1.68%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Bossy is not the best!

I really think bossy is not the best choice, especially for a low limit game like that. Nobody cares if you're bossy or intimidating because they're all donks and calling the whole way. I frimly believe that all you bossy players were playing too agggressive a style, though I think betting and raising your draws was correct here, I did all of that and got skilled, which I am proud of. I then played what I consider to be crazy bad poker and got bossy. Bossy maybe be good for a more difficult limit game, or a donk no limit game, but not this. Skilled is far superior!!! And in no way could I possibly be biased! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Poker Style Test

Bossy, skilled, and fancy. Sweet.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:51 AM

skilled. It also reckons I'm a winning player! if I raise more, i reckon it will call me bossy : [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] : [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 05:24 PM

reliable :-/
Old 12-06-2005, 06:16 PM

bossy.. wish I could always run like that
Old 12-06-2005, 06:17 PM

Stupid AJo.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:26 PM

I raised here too but I’m second guessing myself. The read was “Reliable”. It needs to be pretty likely that he is betting a flush draw. We need to worry about EP’s call even if he is a donk…
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 4
KK in MP
I raise two limpers,
Flop has two flush and A, the two flush is of the suit I have K of.
Check, bet, call, I raise 2nd pair with a backdoor nut flush draw (This is one of two BOSSY plays I think I made but folding or calling here is so weak. Tough spot though.), call, fold, call, call.
Turn
Donk, fold , I fold as my backdoor didn't develop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I called here too. Was the read “Reliable” here too? If so maybe this is a fold. I called hoping the board would pair of catch a bluff.
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 6
ATs UTG+1
I raise UTG limper
Flop
Checked to me, I bet top pair with a two flush on board all call.
Turn SB donks random card, there's a caller, I now hate my hand am possibly drawing dead or to 5 outs at most. For some reason I call (this is one of the mistakes I think I made that would classify me as loose)
River
SB bets again when the bottom card pairs the board possibly counterfitting his two pair so I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about raising the flop but figured I would make good equity from the calls behind.
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 7
KQo UTG I raise. (This might be BOSSY but is pretty standard for me)
Flop
I have an OESD to the player to my right bets, I call.
Turn
checked to me I check and call a LP bet
River
My nut draw comes in and the player to my right bets, I raise rather than go for three overcalls and it winds up getting capped by me 3 ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked this river. Should I check if I can’t fold to a raise?
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 8:
QQ in BB
Three LP limpers and SB limps I raise, everyone calls.
Flop
Checked to me I have an overpair, I bet, everyone calls.
Turn
I still have an overpair,
I bet, everyone calls.
River pairs the board, I bet, there's a call and button raises. I make a crying call with my overpair, closing the action getting 15:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against passive players you’re probably ok, but you don’t want to be putting in 4 bets preflop with this hand. Do you think the check raise has value? You could be up against a bigger flush draw.
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 9
86s in SB
7 limpers to me and I raise, everyone calls (BOSSY or standard? This will be a nine way pot for sure. Good time for a value raise I say)
Flop a gut shot backdoor flush draw, I check. BB bets, everone calls and I call closing the action,
Turn
I check, BB bets, there are four callers, I have a gustshot and a flush draw now so I c/r. Everyone calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold here.
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 11:
J8s in CO, two limpers, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold here too.
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 12
QJo two off the button, 3 limpers, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same quys bets here as the KK hand. Here we don't have a backdoor flush draw, but there aren't any callers in between either. Based on our read that guy is realy "reliable"! I think a fold is correct.
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 14
KQs in MP
I raise a limper the blinds call.
Flop comes A high two flush board.
BB bets, EP folds, I hate this spot but decide to raise 2nd pair and see what happens (BOSSY play #3)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-06-2005, 07:52 PM

fancy, as if anyone cares,lol
Old 12-11-2005, 05:29 AM

That was fun, I ran goot. Bossy/Reliable/Skilled.
If I known my opponents were that donkish I would've played the first 86s hand.
I especially enjoyed how the reliable guy held up a big sign that said "I have an Ace" every time he donked the flop against my KK/QQ - I mucked every time on the flop, which makes me wonder what you have to do to NOT get ranked as bossy.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:01 AM

Some of these comments are adressing droolie's and some brick's. I didnt quote because my post woulda been gigantic.

Hand 3 where you have the boat on the river you need to 3 bet.

Hand 4 with the KK, against a reliable player with 2 to act behind you I think this should be a call. If the player leading was donk, skilled, or bossy I would raise. Folded the turn.

To someone saying you should play every hand, hand 5 was the only fold (87o in ep). You dont know these players are bad enough yet to play this.

Hand 6 with AT and awkward top pair I played the same as you guys. I think this is the only way to play it.

Hand 8 with QQ, you cant check this river. I bet/called, but I think bet/fold might be better given supplied read, even though the pot is huge.

Hand 9 with 86s in the SB, raising preflop against this lineup is very bad. Check-Raising the turn is close but i think suboptimal, you could easily be up against a higher flushdraw. I dont think it matters much either way.

Hand 11 with J8s, I think you should know by know we can play this profitably against this line-up. I played the same way as droolie.

Hand 12 with QJ after 3 limpers we can play also. We have good position, close to equity, and a ginormous postflop playing edge.

Hand 13 with AJ, capping this flop is borderline retarded. Call the 3 bet and fold turn UI i think is what I did, but cant remember hand exactly.

Hand 14, fold the flop.

I got skilled btw.