Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2003, 10:02 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Weak or correct cautious?

why even play AK if youre going to play it that bad? from the flop on, you seem worried about a better hand, then on the turn, youre worried about the nuts.

are you playing this solely for the flush draw? btw...you have an A kicker. youre playing this like you have a crap kicker.

you missed a ton of bets here, along with giving anyone drawing on you a very cheap draw.

youre post was also kind of hard to read as far as who was betting. you were stating who was calling, but not betting.

b
Old 07-25-2003, 10:07 AM

"You are also assuming no one else was check/raising the flop (and missed) with a better hand than one pair"

doubtful anyone else was going for a c/r. the farther the checking goes around the table, the less likely theyre going for a c/r. when you miss the c/r on the flop, you dont check the turn. you bet out. why let the possibility of it being checked again happen? And then if it does get bet, if you decide to check the turn, you raise the damn thing. youve just induced a bluff by checking it twice.

get some ex-lax and make a move.

b
Old 07-25-2003, 10:28 AM

Hey Bernie,

I play in that 20-40 game all the time and I can tell you that it's very rare to have a flop checked through multi-way, let alone the flop AND turn.

I'm not saying checking the turn was necessarily correct, but when the ten hits, I do think there's a little less reason for him to bet. If he's not up against two-pair already, most two pair outs would include either an ace or jack at this point. And he certainly can't mind a jack.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:52 AM

you will not gain any info during this hand by just checking it. say he checks the turn, and someone bets. does he know any more where he stands? no.

but by betting out, he puts the pressure on his opponents. one reason, they may see it that he missed a c/r on the flop and may only raise with a better hand. make them think of what you're betting. force them to react. they may think 'he' turned the str8.

i think he played this hand very, very weak. passive calling station-like. except, even a calling station wouldve made a bet before going into check-call mode.

i dont mean to be harsh, but c'mon. bet the damn thing.

b
Old 07-25-2003, 12:15 PM

can't agree more. bet or check raise the flop. bet or check raise the turn, bet the river. give the any-2-card-player and two cards that hit a little. give the pre-flop raiser something like JJ or AT or QJ... oh well
Old 07-25-2003, 03:54 PM

Screw the checkraise, protect your hand!
Old 07-25-2003, 04:14 PM

You played this hand too weak. Infact, i would have 3-bet pre-flop from the small blind, and led on teh flop. These are the type of hands, that do real well in a field of 5-6 players, and u probably got the original raiser dominated or in a bad spot. You should bet out every possible opportunity and shouldnt be giving free cards, to all the gutshots out there.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:34 PM

Thanks and congrats on the tourney win!!!!!!! I also did consider a bet on flop but with the lineup as it was, I felt as though a check raise was the best way to get head up. hope your running well, see you soon.

Swiss Cheese