Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Live Long Enough to Live Forever

I havent read the book, so I cant be to critical, but Im very "meh" about it just from the blurbs in your blog. I get annoyed when books of this nature try and make claims sound bigger than they are, especially when its obviously a good claim anyway. Like the whole "a centruy ago life expectancy was 40 years, and its almost doubled since then". uhm, no it wasnt. Life expectancy was over 50 a century ago and its only gone up a a little more than 50% since then, you can find that out easily on-line. Why stretch the truth to make it sound better, when the cocnept is still very real and worth mentioning (the fact that there has been a huge jump in the last century), just makes me call into question everything else they would have to say.

bottom line is still the same tho, nutrition is incredibly important. There have been tons of studies that show that a low calorie diet will add many years to your life. Thats well and good, but Ill take 10 years less to my life to be able to do the things I enjoy doing and make me feel alive, rather than sacrifice all that so I can be around this planet a little longer. I eat healthy and I exercise, and thats better than not, and thats good enough for me.

I do believe tho that some day sience will have a "cure" for death, and that barring some accident we will all have the potential to actually live for ever (I actually think its a no brainer that this will happen given that we keep progressing in sceince the way we are). The world will be an interesting place when that happens, as all sorts of interesting things come into play then. Ill be dead by then tho [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]