Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Semi Results

[ QUOTE ]
Hey House,

[/ QUOTE ]
Still LMAO over that one.

Surf,

An aggressive player will bet that turn close to 80 or 90% of the time from the button, and a passive player maybe 20%-30% of the time. This guy isn't all that passive considering his VPIP of 75. As a matter of fact, he raised the river and folded to a 3-bet. That shows us two things:

1. He's capable of taking shots (he just decided to do it on the river and not the turn).

2. He really had absolute air that couldn't call the last bet getting 11-1 as an action closer.

I don't know if it's really 50% or even close to that, but I am willing to take my chances at maximizing the pot. If the turn misses, I can get it on the river.

[ QUOTE ]
3. I'm not sure how much this is a factor. you only fail to define your hand when it checks through - your hand is painfully obvious when you c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's OK. The damage is already done and I can practically turn my cards over....Now let them pay for their draws.

[ QUOTE ]
When you bet, your hand is still undefined(as to its true strength) whether you get raised or called.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one's gonna think I peeled on the flop with a rag queen trying to hit a pair. I'm pretty sure if I bet the turn, button should put me on 25% trips and SB should put me on 75% trips. I don't want them to start their hand reading yet (at least not for a single BB), as I have too many of their possible holdings completely burried.