Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Re: i think i suck...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is your BB Won/Hand from the blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]

BB (0.27)
SB (0.15)

both in the red.. hmm.. not defending enough or playing too much from the SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is

BB (0.05)
SB (0.07)
After 17,000 hands but I'm pretty sure those numbers are unusual.

I was planning to do a post on blind play in the next
couple of days to get everyone's thoughts on it.

I feel most people are losing TOO much money in the blinds
and it's hurting their bottom line.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:51 AM

However, you should still be able to be in the black with those.

I ran black with a VPIP much lower then his in the $5 game (like 11-12%). Something like 18% probably is a bit too low, but certainly in the right zone. I do agree about the PFR not being in the proper range.

Rockpile - Judging by the TT hand that you just posted, it seems like a lot of your issues come after the flop (what a suprise). Your aggression numbers look good from what I can see though so maybe you will need to dig deeper into PT to see what is going wrong. Maybe FPS (too much check/raising)? Folding on flops that you should be calling on?

Brad
Old 04-16-2005, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Rockpile - Judging by the TT hand that you just posted, it seems like a lot of your issues come after the flop (what a suprise). Your aggression numbers look good from what I can see though so maybe you will need to dig deeper into PT to see what is going wrong. Maybe FPS (too much check/raising)? Folding on flops that you should be calling on?

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I know I have the pre-flop down pretty good. My 18% comes from playing the SSHE tight starting hands, taking into account postion as well. The only way I can see to get that higher would be to start calling more low suited connectors from early postion.. I dont think thats a good idea generally though.

My post-flop needs work. Man, I've been playing for a year and half already.. I feel so behind some of these other kids that shoot through the limits.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:10 AM

I'm not sure what nick you used on pokerstars, but if it's what I think it was, I only have about 30 hands on you; no where near enough to say anything truly valid, but it might give you someplace to start. I don't want to mention the nick, but if you want to PM me to confirm, that's fine.

I'm not even close to being an expert, so take all of this with a big grain of salt. Regardless, as far as I can tell, it looks like you sometimes pick the wrong spots to try bluffing; you pick spots to try pushing draws where you'd (I think) be better off just calling if you're going to pursue the draw; you seem to get married to overcards and draws that miss and call down with nothing. May have been a few things I missed, but I only looked through a handful of hands.

Again, please keep in mind that I'm not that good myself, but maybe this will give you a few things to look into.