Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Good hand, played poorly?

Been at the table for a while now, but Villain is new. SB is too loose preflop, with serious aggro both pre and post-flop. Since Villain is new, I will assume he is a typical party 6max player, and that capping preflop means he is not messing around.

I think I missed some pretty serious value on the flop here, and of course the river card is my worst nightmare. I'll let you know how I think I should have played it later.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

River: (14 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 11-30-2005, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Good hand, played poorly?

you can safely lead this flop. Villian won't know if you have a small pp or hit on the flop. Consequently, he'll call with his small pp or raise you if he hit. And if he did hit then he definitely isn't going anywhere.

He may possibly raise/fold but i wouldn't worry about that possibility. There's nothing you can do about it oop. You want to worry more about extracting max value from a made hand.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Good hand, played poorly?

I like c/r-capping the flop a bit more than bet-3betting, but it would probably get capped either way. Just calling the flop sucks, UTG raised then capped p/f, he obviously got a mouthful of this flop and would be easily willing to go off for lots of bets, and still put alot in on the turn. The other reason to pump the flop is that a Q or A could kill your action.