Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Which sites have you left and why?

I started on PokerStars but left 2 years ago when Party was full of fish. I still play tournaments there and bonuses when available.

I left UB when they changed their system on calculating bonus points. I wont even play the bonuses there.

I left True Poker because I couldn't stand the software and the game is too slow. I wont even play bonuses there.

I left Absolute because I can't stand the look of the screens (too much going on there) and I couldn't stand the 9 player tables. I wont return for a bonus ther either.

Paradise and Eurobet are next on my list as they both are getting more and more irritating as I use them. Also, Eurobet is my only source for rakeback or I would have left long ago.

I am working on getting rakeback at Empire to make that my home. If I could get rakeback on PokerStars I consider going full circle and returning there which is where I started. Ironic.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UB, which I eventually left because their servers crashed

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus

I have left few prima skins when I just got beat all the time being 80-90% ahead. I have left Pokerroom because I didn't feel like playing there. I have left Paradise (in 2000) when they started to cheat me. I left Planet because its skin sucked and the games were not good enough in comparison at that time (in 2000). I left Parties when they got more tough (2002-3) and I didn't like their double fluctuations. I left UB as I liked to play at PokerStars instead, then went to UB's skin Pokershare as they give 40% of their profits back to their players, but I soon noticed I could have got a 33% rakeback deal too and got too sad to play at Pokershare anymore. I left Ladbrokes as I didn't enjoy playing there and their slow prima software. For some reason I don't enjoy playing at 24hPoker except occasionally. I am not mentioning sites where I didn't play for one reason or the other, or just played little, or Pasific I played just little, but I didn't enjoy it while I didn't like their rake and from some part the quality of their games or missing shorthanded limits. I left TruePoker (in 2001-2) when I had finished playing 1-2 limit, while I did play 1-1 blinds NL at one point but it sucked more money per round and the stacks were small, though many horrible players, so again it was just a feel and I stopped playing there. Parties limit 1-2 6 max was nice soft game from most part in the past, but I didn't like any other games there really (in the beginning their NL games were really loose, but then became tight), and the 5-10 was next, while now there's 3-6 that has part of the time those nice soft opponents but overall I got the impression that they are pretty tough or at least have decent players, so I didn't choose to play it in 2005. From primas I would somewhat enjoy playing Expect but the games are not that good to overcome better deals elsewhere.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:12 PM

Left Empire because I went f'king broke. Found a happy home a Stars.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:21 PM

I left TruePoker because of a real bad run. Just figured a change of scenery would do me good.

I liked the site, though, and I would go back if they ever email out a reload bonus offer.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:57 PM

I started on Party and played it for 6 months straight until finding Pokerstars and loving the software. My current rotation now includes AbsolutePoker and soon will include wherever I can find a decent rakeback cause I'm tired of reading abotu everyone else's deals and playing without one.

I have left:

Full Tilt: suckered in by that huge bonus when they started, frustrated by lack of games late night and goofy looking software. Did think it was cool to play with "name" pros at times. That feeling lasted 2 weeks.

TruePoker: hated the software. Go ahead and laugh but it took me like 15 minutes just to figure out how to sit at a table. Lasted the first day, didnt' play again for a week, cashed out and quit.

Paradise: actually played here for quite some time, they had good bonuses for a while. Left when I started losing streak and just lost motivation to play there.

UB: Recently left. Have enjoyed it for a while and decent bonuses in the past, but annoyed by their new bonus structure/reduction. Absoultely love the software but I've decided lower bonus and lack of results, I've had it. I'm never a guy to scream "rigggged!" but seriously, but it's the only site where I have a major loss versus profits or slight loss at all the others I belong to.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:23 PM

All the Cryptos - Software made my computer restart every hour or so. No disconnect protect meant it cost me some big pots.

Paradise - Bad software, and the disappearing tables in the lobby really pissed me off.

True Poker - Horrible looking software and zero game selection at 3/6 and 5/10.

Ultimate Bet - Left once they changed their bonus point structure to .5 points max.

Party Poker - With their new bonuses, there's no reason to play there anymore.

So basically I only play at Empire/Eurobet, Full Tilt, and Absolute. I play at PokerStars when they offer bonuses, and I'm still working on the PowerPlayer.com $1000 bonus (PR skin), but after that's done I'll probably be done with PR and the skins.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:39 PM

I left Paradise cuz I hated the software.

I left FTP because I got 1 outed in two consectutive all in pots in a row for 100 bbs each (got em all in set over set they nailed quads twice). I knew it wasn't rigged, but after a week of "running bad" and then that I just had a bad feeling whenever I looked at the tables. Ultimate paranoia. I realized I was trying to NOT lose money when I hit a set, I needed an environment change.

I left Doyles room because at that point the 20$NL games weren't as good as 25$NL games, ditto for prima.

I left UB NL cuz of the pot bet button. I could have worked around it, but chose not to.

I left Pokerroom cuz the software would crash my rig every 37 minutes.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:58 PM

Almost never play Paradise because their Hand History retrieval system blows. Too bad, it has become rather fishy.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:29 PM

I left Pokerroom because of the rake

I left totalbet, because the software stinks and the bonus was easy.

those are the only 2, which I left and have no intention of going back to.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:02 PM

I had a situation like Guthrie described just yesterday. I had A9s UTG. I raise, called by four others, flop is A8T (one is my suit) and Paradise auto-folded for me. I'm so glad I didn't have to tax any additional grey matter thinking about how to play the rest of that hand. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Fortunately, the hand was NOT one that Paradise missed when sending me hand histories, so I will send an email and see what happens.

I do have to say that when Paradise upgraded their servers recently, play has been much faster and more enjoyable. And more players and tables, so more money for me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Pros and cons at every site, I guess.