Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 04:12 AM

Default how\'s my play here?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (9 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 03-20-2005, 04:21 AM

Default Re: how\'s my play here?

I play it the same. Did you get shown AQ here?
Old 03-20-2005, 04:21 AM

I would probably just bet the flop.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:07 AM

Standard I think. That's how I'd play it.

Did you have a specific question?
Old 03-20-2005, 02:27 PM

Yep, villian had AQ. I guess I wasn't surprised but I still felt the flop aggression was correct. Perhaps the cap wasn't necessary but at that point there was a lot of money in and I wanted to lead the rest of the hand in case he got the idea to raise me on the expensive streets when my flush doesn't come in.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:04 PM

It would be better not to cap the flop after the BB folded and you are probably HU against AA, AQ, KK, QQ.

How about reraising PF to go HU? I know that you would be out of position but if you are confident playing HU is this a good idea?
Old 03-20-2005, 03:12 PM

I bet out on the flop. No point in check-raising. You want both players in for more bets when you have the flush draw.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet out on the flop. No point in check-raising. You want both players in for more bets when you have the flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I had was one pair. In case that pair was good, I wanted to c/r to protect it. There's no guarantee the flush comes in, and you want to maximize your chances of winning in this raised pot, not "keep customers."
Old 03-20-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about reraising PF to go HU? I know that you would be out of position but if you are confident playing HU is this a good idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that, and I do hate cold-calling raises PF, but I didn't feel my hand was strong enough, especially given my position, to 3-bet. If I didn't hit the flop I'd feel compelled to play the rest of the hand aggressively given the big pot. That strategy normally loses me money.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:29 PM

I think this looks fine. But I will review your options anyways. Following your line I think you definately should keep the lead after capping the flop.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
3 folds, MP1 raises, 4 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Preflop option: A) 3-bet the MP1 raiser and try to squeeze out the BB. B)cold call and hope to bring the BB along.

I like option B here: QKs plays fine with 3 people and I tend to give the raiser some respect and not 3-bet with KQs out of position.

Flop: (6 SB) J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 bets, Hero raises, BB folds, MP1 3-bets, Hero caps, MP1 calls.

Flop options: A) lead flop. B) check and check/raise. I think I pick A here and lead the flop this way you might get BB involved and see how the PFR reacts. He would likely raise which gives you the opportunity to 3-bet and see if he caps. I think but I am not sure if this line helps better identify his hand than the check/raise plan. I definately think including the BB is the way to go rather than sqeezing him out with the check/raise.

You picked option B - check/raise. After the 3-bet I would just call. The hand is heads up and you likely behind to AQ, KK, or AA. His 3-bet to your check raise indicated he has a solid hand at this point and is not just getting frisky with AK or TT. I think at this point a cap is no good.