Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Couple of really interesting 2/4 live hands

Hand#1
reads: BB - VERY loose, calls down with all kinds of horrible junk, only folds when obviously clobbered, will only raise with made hands. UTG, very loose PF raiser (A8o, A4s from early pos), MP1, loose pf, weak caller post flop. Rest of the table was your usual loose, passive types.

Hero on button with AA

Preflop: UTG raises, 2 folds, MP1 calls, 3 folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls. (12.5SB)

Flop: A, 9, 6 rainbow

UTG checks, MP1 bets(?), Hero raises, BB cold calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls.(9BB)

Ok, at this point my concern was BB's cold call. I figure I'm way ahead at this point and the raising MP1 would've forced BB and UTG to fold, but the BB didn't budge.

Turn: Jack

MP1 checks, Hero bets, BB calls (with what???), MP1 folds (11BB)

River: 7

BB checks, Hero ???

Hand#2: low content, just for fun.......

Reads: Table was very loose, passive with a couple of confused rookies, one very loose aggressive raiser (on all streets) on button.

Hero is in BB with KJo

Preflop: UTG calls, 4 folds, MP4 calls, 2 folds, button calls, SB completes, Hero checks (5SB)

Flop: K, J, J (all black)

SB checks, Hero bets, 2 folds, button calls, SB calls (4BB).

Turn: 10 of diamonds

SB checks, Hero bets, button folds, SB calls (6BB)

Here's where it gets really weird:

River: Jack

SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls??!!??!! (8BB)

He obviously didn't show his hand but what in the world could he be thinking??
Old 06-20-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Couple of really interesting 2/4 live hands

Hand one seems an easy river bet to me.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand#1
reads: BB - VERY loose, calls down with all kinds of horrible junk, only folds when obviously clobbered, will only raise with made hands. UTG, very loose PF raiser (A8o, A4s from early pos), MP1, loose pf, weak caller post flop. Rest of the table was your usual loose, passive types.

Hero on button with AA

Preflop: UTG raises, 2 folds, MP1 calls, 3 folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls. (12.5SB)

Flop: A, 9, 6 rainbow

UTG checks, MP1 bets(?), Hero raises, BB cold calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls.(9BB)

Ok, at this point my concern was BB's cold call. I figure I'm way ahead at this point and the raising MP1 would've forced BB and UTG to fold, but the BB didn't budge.

Turn: Jack

MP1 checks, Hero bets, BB calls (with what???), MP1 folds (11BB)

River: 7

BB checks, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]
Johnc,

This is a ridiculously easy bet. If you're asking seriously about this one and not jokingly then there must be an enormous amount of hands where you're missing out on river value bets. You should try posting some more that you're been checking behind on. For example, in this hand you're asking about whether you should bet top set against an opponent who "calls down with all kinds of horrible junk". Make you're hand TT and repost it in a couple of weeks and I'll bet you get a split response. Make it QQ or KK and it should be a concensus to bet. Just say it was a live game and there was one ace flipped up accidentally by the dealer before the flop and another flipped up by a player mucking after the deal...since you know there is only one ace left in the deck.

Chief
Old 06-20-2005, 03:11 PM

This is not a joke, I actually did river bet this one and perhaps my intentions were to see if other posters would see the texture of this hand and compare it the pot size and reads.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
perhaps my intentions were to see if other posters would see the texture of this hand and compare it the pot size and reads.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just to clarify, if you're intending to call a raise regardless a larger pot should make you more inclined to value bet the river in general because you'll get paid off more. I'm not sure how the pot size matters in this hand though and generally speaking against very loose opponents it doesn't really matter much at all.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:22 PM

You have top set vs loose players. Unless he is very aggressive and will always bet the river when checked to so you can checkraise, this is the easiest river bet question I've ever seen on 2plus2.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:50 PM

Final outcome: BB called and turned over 85o for the rivered gutshot str8. Of course I was pissed and like every other poster the pretty set of aces kept me from looking any further than my own hand. My biggest mistake was going on tilt - why was this a mistake? Because, aside from the atrocious pf call her calls from that point forward were righteous. This wasn't a bad beat. Would I have played it different? Hell no. It just taught me that aggression is just another tool - somtimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
like every other poster the pretty set of aces kept me from looking any further than my own hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to suggest that your opponent's actions indicate he held 85o?
Old 06-20-2005, 08:32 PM

Move this crap to the rubber room please.