Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2005, 02:46 PM

Default ub 50-100 river checkraise #1

ive had a few recent hands where i was checkraised on the river that i thought were a little interesting. here is the first one. my opponent in this one is Thuritz who is newish, as far as im aware, to these games. this would often make me think he might be a bit goofy/bad but i have seen him playing some 50-100 recently in games that didnt appear to be filling up. in the few hands i have played against him he seems tightish so my working assumption is that he is a fairly tight, pretty solid player, but i dont really know. stack sizes are both around 10k.

i get dealth K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in mp. a couple folds to villian who calls, i call, sb calls, bb checks. the flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. the blinds check, villian bets 400, i call and the blinds fold. turn is
K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and it goes check/check. river is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], villian checks, i bet the pot (1200) and he raises to 4800.