Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Early Wk. 4, 6-pt. Teaser possibilities

I know that teasers aren't seen as sound bets around here (with some dissent), but SGB offers a 3-team, 6-point teaser at 2-1, which I've calculated to be pretty damn good. So I like to play it.

I know the 3-to-7s are key here, and at first glance, I like the look of:

Sea @ Was: Sea +2 to +8
GB @ Car: Car -7.5 to -1.5
SF @ Ari: SF +2.5 to +8.5

Also, though it's not a 3-to-7, I'm a little interested in

Ind @ Ten: Ind -6.5 to -0.5

Given the Colts's habit of winning, but winning narrowly, this one seemed to make sense too.

I guess I'm looking for thoughts both on the specific games, and whether this kind of betting is even worthwhile in the first place.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Early Wk. 4, 6-pt. Teaser possibilities

I just noticed that potential teaser as well and it is tempting. I'm annoyed with myself that I missed one this past week - Falcons/Jags/Eagles would have hit.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:32 AM

Did you mean SBG?
Old 09-27-2005, 11:41 AM

How about:
NE +1 vs. SD - haven't lost at home since '02?
Tamps -1 vs. Detroit - Awful road team the Lions are.
Indy's probably not a bad pick. Tennessee is well coached and they're going to play hard every week, but I wouldn't put too much stock into last week since the Rams are so overrated.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:46 AM

I don't care what you have observed so far, DO NOT wager $$$$ on the 49er's even in a teaser. Their true colors will show very soon.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:49 AM

I certainly did mean SBG, silly typos.

I had the Jags, Eagles, and Falcons in a teaser last week, which certainly did work out nicely, but then I broke from the system somewhat and also threw in San Diego, Seattle, and KC. The first two aren't horrible calls, but I should have seen red flags on the last one. That's hindsight talking though.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:54 AM

Yeah, I jumped immediately when I saw TB, but I'm still not that confident in this game. Detroit has had an off week (which could help or hurt them, come to think of it), and TB has looked good but not spectacular against some weak teams. But then it certainly is hard to like the Lions. I'm on the edge with that one.

NE is a solid bet, probably, but I'm not sure how much value is in the tease there; that is, the -5 to +1 move. Also, I was impressed by the Chargers Sunday night.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:58 AM

Perhaps, but does the same go for the Cardinals? What are their true colours, other than apparently undeserved hype?

And while this falls under the category of "what I observed", I thought the Niners looked all right on Sunday. Not a threat, but not to be overlooked. Very disciplined coaching to boot.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:09 PM

As many 3/4 pt games as the Pats win, I think there's some value there. Sunday night was the Chargers season on the line and the Giants were just a complete fraud at 2-0.

One of these weeks Griesie and his OL are going to tank, and it might be in their stadium since the Bucs haven't been much better at home than on the road under Gruden...but again Harrington & the Lions have not been capable of a road upset for the last 4 years or so.

As for Ariz-SF, there's just so many crazy things/turnovers that can happen when 2 bad teams play, I'd rather not play it, but whatever.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of these weeks Griesie and his OL are going to tank, and it might be in their stadium since the Bucs haven't been much better at home than on the road under Gruden

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my main fear, though I agree that the Lions are hardly the ones up to the task. Points about SD & SF well taken.